if you're scared you shouldn't be on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think Cam man was justifiably angry to have beardy bloke ride along side him and tell him that he has no right riding on the road...because apparently he is scared.

I can imagine I would be pretty angry if another rider made a derogatory comment to me whilst I was riding.

I don't think I would have reacted the same way as cam man but each to their own.
Chuck a water bottle at him ?

Venod

Eh up
FO twat would have been sufficient from the camera man.

BrynCP

Über Member
I've had this same experience, but unlike the camera man I don't feel it's my duty to educate other road users, nor do I wish to argue, ongoing, with another road user. If other road users want to squeeze by, I will move aside for them happily.

Regardless of if a large vehicle can or cannot make a turn left, you're potentially in their blind spot, and if they don't maintain their distance from the kerb when they move off, at any moment, you could be under it.

Once had a guy rant about cyclists in a pub

Just informed him I was riding a human powered vehicle, not a cycle.

He just looked blank.....

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
That is just amongst some cyclists. There is no equivalent give us all a bad name trope across wider society.
Yes, there is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-group_homogeneity

Vegan1

Hopefully, the bearded cyclists has learnt a valuable lesson - exercise patience and keep your trap shut, otherwise you will be the victim of an extended, condescending lecture that finds its way onto YouTube...

The sentiment given at the end by the cam guy p*ssed me off.

Origamist

Legendary Member
The sentiment given at the end by the cam guy p*ssed me off.

Well, there was a perverse narrative symmetry to the clip. At beginning of the sequence the bearded cyclist is actively encouraging the cycle cam cyclist to push through a gap close to the wheels of a HGV that could have ended tragically and by the end the cycle cam cyclist is distastefully imagining a similarly gruesome scenario, but involving the GT riding antagonist and a HGV.

Unedifying all round, I'd agree, but I'd only have words with a fellow cyclist if they'd taken serious risks with my safety, or possibly, if they'd taken risks with their own. Critising the caution of others is fatuous and unnecessary.

Top Bottom