Ikea bedroom furniture....anyone tried it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I dislike visiting the store, but, in my experience their bedroom furniture is easy to assemble, and, is good quality.

figbat

Slippery scientist
All three bedrooms plus the home office are furnished with IKEA - bed frames, wardrobes, dressing tables, desks. It’s all solid enough, well-engineered and easy to build. I had to modify a couple of wardrobes to reduce their height which was easy enough.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Not assembled one for years so can’t comment on the current production but one tip, don’t assemble it with wife/partner, recipe for divorce.
Mrs Tenkaykev and I are the exception that proves that rule. We are both " Ikea Ninjas " often called on by relatives and friends to weave our magic. We both really enjoy it and wait with bated breath for IKEA to bring out miniature kits of their range, or even better open a themed holiday resort where we can spend the days in assembly heaven 😉

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Avoid their cheapest offerings and you'll be fine. The stores are a nightmare if you need to physically examine before you buy.

Tenkaykev

Guru
And not just bedroom furniture, we're going to be ordering a few of these for our bikes.
IMG_4849.png

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm not a fan - it's on my forbidden shops list - but sadly Mrs D likes it.

We've some chests of drawers, the bed in our spare room, and a wardrobe from Pukea and for flat pack kit it is fairly decent. Fairly well designed, solid, decent fasteners.

Useless fact - 20% of folk in the UK sleep on an IKEA mattress.

50% of kids are conceived on IKEA beds, we did get some funny looks with our last one..... !🤣🤣🤣

postman

Legendary Member
Miss P and her move to Sorby Bridge has lent itself to much Ikea furniture.Team effort to put it together,looks good is sturdy and does it's job good prices also.In all the items only one small mistake a support bar put on upside down.Not a problem though and left alone because the locking plugs are plastic and i could not remove them.

postman

Legendary Member
Our last visit with Miss P was for a sofa bed,which she bought from somewhere else,but i did sit on a rocking chair and once i had got up a very young lad also had a go in it.I think he though well if he can so can i.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our last visit with Miss P was for a sofa bed,which she bought from somewhere else,but i did sit on a rocking chair and once i had got up a very young lad also had a go in it.I think he though well if he can so can i.

We've got a wooden IKEA chair and footrest, not a rocking chair as such but the spring in the frame means it flexes much like one.

Mike_P

Guru
If you know what you want their web site will say where in the warehouse section for your chosen store the items are so you can skip having to walk around the whole store by taking the short cut close to the entrance. Have a number of their items which are definitely at the upper end of flat pack furniture. I have cycle clothing in one of their childrens wardrobes, in plain white.

Top Bottom