Ikea bedroom furniture....anyone tried it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Older IKEA furniture is now collectible according to our antique dealer friends.

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm planning to try Ikea once my 1970s Habitat stuff wears out ...

I took a piece of furniture to a charity shop through the work I do, G Plan chest of drawers.. ebayed it later £200!😥

geocycle

Legendary Member
We bought an ikea bed in Marseille 23 years ago, it is still going strong after many moves for us and the son. It’s very good apart from the mattress which is a slightly none standard size So hard to replace. The son has ikea cupboards in his bedroom with all sorts of fittings. Looks good quality as are most of their stuff beyond the basics range. However, my day from hell would include a visit to ikea and I have recurring nightmares about trying to find the exit.

Mike_P

Guru
We bought an ikea bed in Marseille 23 years ago, it is still going strong after many moves for us and the son. It’s very good apart from the mattress which is a slightly none standard size So hard to replace. The son has ikea cupboards in his bedroom with all sorts of fittings. Looks good quality as are most of their stuff beyond the basics range. However, my day from hell would include a visit to ikea and I have recurring nightmares about trying to find the exit.

The exit is simple, you just follow the heard. The difficult bit is when you know their is a slightly discreetly located shortcut missing out a section of the store but where is it...

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs Tenkaykev and I are the exception that proves that rule. We are both " Ikea Ninjas " often called on by relatives and friends to weave our magic. We both really enjoy it and wait with bated breath for IKEA to bring out miniature kits of their range, or even better open a themed holiday resort where we can spend the days in assembly heaven 😉
You mean dolls house size, or would that be a bit too small?
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/huset-dolls-furniture-living-room-50235510/
and there is an IKEA theme park...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B20AZi09KM8

postman

Legendary Member
II have cycle clothing in one of their childrens wardrobes, in plain white.
Oh i find white cycle clothing so last year.Need some colour.

Tenkaykev

Guru
PAX wardrobes are brilliant. Just be sure to match your ceiling height to the carcass height. When you realise there’s not enough room to stand the frame up, it’s a bit of a b*gg*r to have to assemble it upright.

DAMHIKT!

I assembled out daughters wardrobe and it was so heavy that I convinced myself that I must have boltd it to the floor😮

figbat

Slippery scientist
PAX wardrobes are brilliant. Just be sure to match your ceiling height to the carcass height. When you realise there’s not enough room to stand the frame up, it’s a bit of a b*gg*r to have to assemble it upright.

DAMHIKT!

This is how I ended up having to modify two Pax units. We built one in our bedroom and it fitted with a centimetre to spare - perfect. We then ordered similar units for my daughter’s room and realised when we went to stand the side panel up that her ceiling is a bit lower than ours! I easily modified it to fit though.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

DAMHIKT!

To be fair they do tell you what ceiling height you need to stand on up if assembled flat...

Top Bottom