Ikea bedroom furniture....anyone tried it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Personally I really dislike Ikea and have not been for years. I am having a small bedroom re-fitted and the joiner suggests I get all the wardrobes/units from there and he would adjust and fit them.
He tells me the internal drawers/hangers etc are excellent.
Any experiences here?,

Yes its excellent. the Pax stuff is really well made. Visit during the day, weekday, it will be quieter, work out what you want colour and handles-wise and internals etc. - take photo's to remind you, workout a second choice in case it not in stock etc - then order it all online for delivery to home for least hassle - get the kids to help you with this bit as it can be a tad tricky going through it - but the online builder lets you "design" it, visualise it and change bits, then you just stick it in your basket and away you go...

The internal lights that come on when you open the door are both good and good value. We've also found the internal wire basket drawers, much handier than regular drawers, much easier to see what is them.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I dislike the store intensely and will avoid as much as possible. I'm sure they must put something in the aircon, as people just seem to go into a daze when they are walking around. People seem to meander with absolutely no sense of direction.
But as said above. their Pax furniture is very good. One set is in daily use in a flat we own, and even after many years is still good. Another set we sold on, and again after daily use for many years it was still in good shape.

Alex321

Veteran
We go to IKEA in Cardiff fairly frequently - though I remember visiting the IKEA in Wednsbury when it was the only one even remotely in reach for us (usually calling in en-rout to visit relatives).
In our exoerience, their stuff iw decently made, stays together well, and is good value for money.

One bedroom has to chests of drawers, a bedside table and triple wardrobe all from there, all our bookcases are Billy bookcase (and we have quite a few of them), the desk I am currently sitting at is an Anton computer desk dating back around 20 years and still going strong, having been used almost every day we are home, and my main work desk since the start of the pandemic.

Emanresu

…but who could dislike their the Swedish meatballs, except veggies of course.

It's the only reason to go there.

On the other hand, I've been round factories that make similar stuff. Everything is measured to high accuracy and assembled by robots, from raw materials manufactured by other factories with robots. The only thing that can go wrong is during the assembly and that is up to the skills of the assembler.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
…but who could dislike their the Swedish meatballs, except veggies of course.

They do veggie balls too and they are very tasty :smile:

johnblack

Über Member
Have built two of the big wardrobe units for the kids rooms, big old things, really sturdy and plenty of combinations, think it's PAX. The kids double beds are both IKEA (not the matress'), I think the most important thing is that you build them correctly, if you do it right they are pretty damn good.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Have built two of the big wardrobe units for the kids rooms, big old things, really sturdy and plenty of combinations, think it's PAX. The kids double beds are both IKEA (not the matress'), I think the most important thing is that you build them correctly, if you do it right they are pretty damn good.

We have an IKEA bed frame with underbed storage. It is excellent quality and really well designed.

Top Bottom