I'm out(i think),it's too much now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Heck,i've just looked it up,it's nearly 300 miles away, so it'll cost me another £100 in courier charges.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=H...n+to+Worthing?&aqs=chrome..69i57.44598j0j7&so

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So how many hundred did you bid on a bike before reading the description? :wacko:

Bought for a triathlon, competed and not used again. The bike is in Worthing if you would like to view.
My last bid was about 3 hours ago. I kind of knew i'd be outbid so i wasn't too worried i'd have to pay up and also get it up here. 400 quid plus maybe £50 for delivery is my top price. I might bid £400 near the end,but i bet it'll be over £600 by then so there's no point in doing so. I think you might have a sly bet,just to outbid me.;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Come down by train and ride it home, what else have you got to do?
It's nearly 300 miles by motorway. Imagine how long it'll be doing the A and B roads!:eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
We had one of these for a few weeks because Mrs Gti rashly offered to Ebay it for a colleague. I rode it and found it very stable in a straight line and smooth-riding. We Ebayed it and TNT wrecked it but despite the carton being mangled the buyer's wife signed for it in good condition, which was a bit of a problem. I ended up taking it back and shaming TNT into paying most of the cost of repairs.

Tim Hall

I've been bidding for this Bianchi. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/132706025900?ul_noapp=true

It's now up to £390, as i post. I might go to £400 but what's the point? It's as if there's always someone out there who'll outbid you no matter how much you offer!
Taking this to it's logical conclusion, no one would ever win anything on EBay, as there's always someone who will outbid the person who outbid you, someone to outbid them etc etc.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It’s an Aluminium entry level (Claris) road bike, I wouldn’t give anymore than £400.
What does "Entry level" mean?

I've had steel framed bikes that weighed more than that, had fewer gears and shifters you had to remove your hands off the bars to operate. They cost a fortune and I raced on them and kept them for years.

Sorry, but if there's one phrase I hate it's "Entry level", it implies the bike is poor quality and will quickly be outgrown.

Top Bottom