I'm out(i think),it's too much now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

£400 Now,with less than half an hour to go.https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/132706025900?ul_noapp=true
As it's got Claris shifters, it's misdescribed to say it's a Via Nirone 7 Xenon, as the Xenon suggests it's fitted with Campag Xenon kit. Four hundred notes is not a very good deal.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
What does "Entry level" mean?

I've had steel framed bikes that weighed more than that, had fewer gears and shifters you had to remove your hands off the bars to operate. They cost a fortune and I raced on them and kept them for years.

Sorry, but if there's one phrase I hate it's "Entry level", it implies the bike is poor quality and will quickly be outgrown.
It certainly doesn’t mean it’s poor quality but it is the cheapest end of the Bianchi range. Most manufacturers have ‘entry level’ road bikes using the cheapest group set, with this Bianchi it’s Shimano Claris. Absolutely nothing wrong with Claris but I felt @Accy cyclist if he didn’t already know should know exactly what he was bidding on.
These bikes cost £750 new, a value of £600 has been mentioned which is way too high for a second hand bike with a non transferable manufacturers warranty.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's worth not much more £400 but there seem to be plenty of them about. I bought a hardly ridden VN7 Campag Xenon for £400 and susequently sold it for the same amount.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It is definitely entry-level, it's aimed at folk who fancy a road bike for a one-off sponsored ride but don't want to break the family bank.

As it's got Claris shifters, it's misdescribed to say it's a Via Nirone 7 Xenon, as the Xenon suggests it's fitted with Campag Xenon kit. Four hundred notes is not a very good deal.
That sounds like a genuine error, rather than a deliberate fraud. It ties in with the story "bought for triathlon, never used again". He doesn't remember what model it was, and a cursory google followed by a wrong guess, and here we are. He doesn't know Claris from his arse.

If he was trying to deceive, there would be no close ups of the brifters.

Maybe someone should ask a question before the auction ends? I don't have enough knowledge of Biancci to do that.

lol 3 minutes to go - don't bother :laugh::wacko:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It does not look like a 59cm frame too me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's nearly 300 miles by motorway. Imagine how long it'll be doing the A and B roads!:eek:
I looked it up on cycle.travel - a little short of 300 miles. 2 days riding at a reasonable pace; 3 or 4 days if you took your time! :okay:

@Littgull rode his new touring bike back from SJS Cycles in Somerset and that is about 260 miles. I think he probably took 3 days ... (?)

Top Bottom