I'm really not interested in going faster; OK?!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
If I was evil I could now recall a drizzly day in Pitlochry .... :whistle:
But I'm not evil so I won't :tongue: :biggrin:
Aye but that wasn't really a group ride in its true sense. More a kind of "see you in Aviemore" type of ride :laugh:, which is good.
It also allows for a discreet bail-out by the fair weather riders :blush:.

My averages never seem that impressive next to others, a sprint around Whinlatter pass produced an average of 12.2 mph, and the 60 mile round trip from Cockermouth to Ambleside was just 10.2mph average, I even get overtaken by rather large old people on faulty step through cycles, they must be faulty as they make one hell of a wirring noise as they leave me in a cloud of dust.
Brandane, you always seemed fast to me, motorbike or road bike, which I thought you had given up the motorbike.

My averages never seem that impressive next to others, a sprint around Whinlatter pass produced an average of 12.2 mph, and the 60 mile round trip from Cockermouth to Ambleside was just 10.2mph average, I even get overtaken by rather large old people on faulty step through cycles, they must be faulty as they make one hell of a wirring noise as they leave me in a cloud of dust.
Electric ?

If I was to discount all the time spent on my cycle rides whilst stationary at road junctions and traffic lights then my average would be much higher . I just normally work out the time I've been out compared with the distance traveled.

Electric ?

Yes

I am tempted myself, I owned one for about 6 weeks, for commuting to work on, but after a month of commuting because it cut out at about 15mph and so much effort to go faster than that, it was slower there and about the same speed going home, as a normal bike,

I say tempted, I am tempted every time I get to a 20% hill, and one cruises past me.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I thought you had given up the motorbike.
Hi Ian; Good to see you on here! Tried to give up the motorbike years ago but I think I might have lasted a few weeks before the withdrawals got to me.... Now riding a 2002 VFR 800 which I am liking apart from DIY maintenance being a bit beyond me when it comes to valve clearances; and parts prices are just stupid. Hoping to make it to one of the Moffat runs - weather permitting :laugh:. Will be good to catch up (I see from the Divvy site of which I gave up membership a long time ago, that you are attending).

Yes I am attending, and on the motorbike weather permitting, see you there.

Top Bottom