I'm to be known as a lycraist. ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whiz

By the gf.
And I haven't even got my bike or lycra yet!
Driving to pet shop we passed a kitted out cyclist to which she remarked "there you go, a fellow lycraist".
Given that I'll ride my bike but I may never be a 'cyclist', I quite like the term.
Better than "all the gear, no idea" :tongue:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Its definitely politer than some of the names I've heard over the years!! :laugh:

That said, you don't HAVE to wear lycra when cycling, contrary to popular belief it isn't actually the law, it isn't mandatory, so rebel and just say no whilst you are still ahead!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Whiz

You know, my bravery would rather wear full lycra as opposed to saying no to the gf! ;-)
I'm only getting bib shorts for now but if I like this cycling malarkey I reckon I'd enjoy dressing up to go riding :-)

young Ed

Veteran
If you ride a bike then you're a cyclist regardless of attire, price of bike, type of shoes or anything else for that matter, and if anyone tells you otherwise then they're a nobber :becool:
ooooh i'm a cyclist then! :biggrin: even though i'm not quite on clipless yet (soon will be) :biggrin:
I had the same concerns I think most do starting out

Just wear it, nobody even notices when you're out with your bike riding but perhaps don't go shopping in Tescos wearing it!!!!
waitrose allows it! they even let you sit in the coffee shop in your lycra drinking your free coffee and then go and buy a bag of coffee grains! :biggrin: (yes we are Swedish hence the coffee drinking addiction!)
Cheers Ed

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I had the same concerns I think most do starting out

Just wear it, nobody even notices when you're out with your bike riding but perhaps don't go shopping in Tescos wearing it!!!!

my bold

why ever not? I do & Costa Coffee
it can be an ideal ice-breaker/ conversation starter;)

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Or walk into the "Blue oyster bar " :ohmy:

Id certainly agree with that advice

Top Bottom