important accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can't get far on a single bottle in any sort of vaguely warm weather. And hate to disillusion you, but you can't cycle "forever" on two bottles. Maybe you have odd metabolism, don't cycle too far, drink your own urine though.

I recommend you get a spare bike or three - you know it makes sense - do not resist.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
It amazes me that lights are considered an accessory in the UK. They are not on any other vehicle. Why are they not supplied with lights. Just to squeeze more cash from people I suppose.

I have noticed that decathlon now do sell all their bikes with lights as standard. The fit the Spanning Illico 2 and Pyro combo which double as the legally required reflectors too, great little lights for being seen.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Other than the bike itself, nothing is essential. Important would be clothes to keep comfortable, water for when you're thirsty and some bits to fix common "on the bike" problems

A lot of the stuff recommended as "important" in this thread I don't own. No lights, no mudguards, no fancy gloves, no buff etc etc

What I never ride without is stuff to fix a puncture and water. That's it

Other than the bike itself, nothing is essential. Important would be clothes to keep comfortable, water for when you're thirsty and some bits to fix common "on the bike" problems

A lot of the stuff recommended as "important" in this thread I don't own. No lights, no mudguards, no fancy gloves, no buff etc etc

What I never ride without is stuff to fix a puncture and water. That's it
No lights? Sounds rash/limiting. Have been to/stayed in glossop. It did get dark as I recall.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No lights? Sounds rash/limiting. Have been to/stayed in glossop. It did get dark as I recall.

Gets dark around 1pm year round in Glossop

simongt

Guru
This like a backpacking / camping list; there's always the 'just in case' things that its wise to carry i.e., puncture repair stuff, pump, basic tools, mini first aid kit etc., but how often are they actually used - ? But of course Sod's Law dictates that the one occasion you leave that particlar item behind because you haven't used it in months will be the time you do actually need it. :blink:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A garage for the bikes, anything less is just sluming it. :laugh:

Seriously, build up a tool kit as and when you need to do jobs. A quality set of hex and torx keys is very useful. A bike repair stand is another useful bit of kit - saves you 'bending' - great for us wth knackered backs.

Decent clothing - always look for bargains and don't pay full RRP.

Top Bottom