In Praise of Derailleur Hangers from 925engineering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
I would like to sing the praises of Alex and Michelle at 925engineering

I ordered two of the same derailleur hangers from them and they arrived within the week, all the way from California. The quality of the machining of these hangers is excellent. They are CNC machined (by Alex himself, I believe) as opposed to being forged. They are much, much better quality and standard than the ones I got from eBay not so long ago, and they worked out cheaper, too. Two hangers including bolts, plus a few pounds shipping from the US came to just under £20.

They are almost a work of art. I don't know if to put them in a frame on the wall or put 'em on my bike. LOL!

www.925engineering.com

eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/usr/925engineering?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Attachments

• 925engineering DH (1).jpg
    925engineering DH (1).jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 925engineering DH (2).jpg
    925engineering DH (2).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 925engineering DH (3).jpg
    925engineering DH (3).jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 925engineering DH (4).jpg
    925engineering DH (4).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Nitram55

Slow hill cimber
Works of art, one for the bike and one for the wall perhaps.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would like to sing the praises of Alex and Michelle at 925engineering

I ordered two of the same derailleur hangers from them and they arrived within the week, all the way from California. The quality of the machining of these hangers is excellent. They are CNC machined (by Alex himself, I believe) as opposed to being forged. They are much, much better quality and standard than the ones I got from eBay not so long ago, and they worked out cheaper, too. Two hangers including bolts, plus a few pounds shipping from the US came to just under £20.

They are almost a work of art. I don't know if to put them in a frame on the wall or put 'em on my bike. LOL!

www.925engineering.com

eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/usr/925engineering?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Lovely bit of machining, just hope they aren't too strong for the frame.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Lovely bit of machining, just hope they aren't too strong for the frame.

Indeed it is a lovely bit of machining, @raleighnut! They do look very strong, yet the dimensions are the same as the one that came stock on the bike, which was sturdy but did its job recently and bent. The ones I bought of eBay recently, on the otherhand, are like warm toffee. I would say that, having had both types, that CNC'd derailleur hangers are not as flimsy as forged ones, even when the same grade alloy is used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom