In praise of the pootle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In favor of both pootle and bimble, as I understand them. Distances may be greater, but speed is slower, probably. Spending the winter getting well so I can have interesting stateside adventures in the spring. Working on a 26" tourer mainly for such efforts, winter may ease off early, although it is -13F here right now.

ozboz

Guru
Sounds like a good tour to me!
Ok , will pootling on my tour count ?

delb0y

Legendary Member
Another pootler, here. It's pretty much all I do. I pack the camera and the lunch and get ready for multiple stops. Even when I've done the occasional Audax I'm usually at the back pootling. Sustrans do a good traffic free routes book, and for those in South Wales or the Borders there's a fine book called Lost Lanes by Jack Thurston. Lots of advice on things to look at after you've stopped ;-)

JPBoothy

Veteran
I'm on the way back home after a stunning morning pootle in the frost & sun. I have to admit to occasionally raising the speed above the legal pootle/bimble level to keep certain bits from freezing. If I hadn't kept stopping to take photos that probably wouldn't have been necessary.
DSC_1725.JPG

Top Bottom