Inconsistencies or plot holes in films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Ah, but that is the shortest moving in 4D spacetime. What if there is a wormhole located in the London sewers that traverse dimensions 5 to 8 and is only 2 metres before you pop back out in your 4D spacetime in Bristol?

As any fool knows, if you enter any wormhole in the London sewers, you can only leave it at Mornington Crescent.

I keep reading the title as "Pot Holes!"

Chris S

Legendary Member
Benjamin Zephania appears in the second series of 'Peaky Blinders' wearing dreadlocks. They were practically unknown in the Carribean until the emergence of Rastafarianism in the 1930s. The second series of 'Peaky Blinders' was set in 1922.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Benjamin Zephania appears in the second series of 'Peaky Blinders' wearing dreadlocks. They were practically unknown in the Carribean until the emergence of Rastafarianism in the 1930s. The second series of 'Peaky Blinders' was set in 1922.

1711919335841.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I haven't seen it, but isn't it set in Coventry?

That's not what I would think of as West Midlands. I'd class Coventry, and anything else E of Brum like Leicester and Northampton as East Midlands.

But maybe it's just me. Maybe I've hit on another of those "Where does the North start" things

I haven't seen it, but isn't it set in Coventry?

That's not what I would think of as West Midlands. I'd class Coventry, and anything else E of Brum like Leicester and Northampton as East Midlands.

But maybe it's just me. Maybe I've hit on another of those "Where does the North start" things

.. and that's just the beginning of controversy around the show:

Fans took aim at the accents describing them as 'so fake'
Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery was one of the actors who tried her best to get the Brummie accent right
Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery was one of the actors who tried her best to get the Brummie accent right

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
.. and that's just the beginning of controversy around the show:

"Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery was one of the actors who tried her best to get the Brummie accent right"
Brummie accent? In Coventry? Oh dear.

This takes me to a tale told by a good friend of mine from Coventry. She was an engineering student (probably at roughly the same time that "This Town" is set, or a bit before). By her own admission she has never been much good at geography. Anyway, she was on a placement at a foundry somewhere in the Black Country. Dudley or somewhere like that. She was having difficulty understanding what people were saying, there was a big molten metal spill and a lot of yelling. "I thought they were talking Welsh. I must have gone all the way to Wales" (What did I say about not being very good at geography?)

Accents in the Midlands are a bit of a nightmare. Mind you that's probably true of most places. Imagine something set in Manchester, but involving scenes in Liverpool and Bolton.

Last edited:
Brummie accent? In Coventry? Oh dear.

This takes me to a tale told by a good friend of mine from Coventry. She was an engineering student (probably at roughly the same time that "This Town" is set, or a bit before). By her own admission she has never been much good at geography. Anyway, she was on a placement at a foundry somewhere in the Black Country. Dudley or somewhere like that. She was having difficulty understanding what people were saying, there was a big molten metal spill and a lot of yelling. "I thought they were talking Welsh. I must have gone all the way to Wales" (What did I say about not being very good at geography?)

Accents in the Midlands are a bit of a nightmare. Mind you that's probably true of most places. Imagine something set in Manchester, but involving scenes in Liverpool and Bolton.

The last series of Happy Valley had a character go to court in (supposedly) Leeds, then ride a bike back to Halifax area. The court is actually in Bolton so I've got a little respect for the effort involved in riding back that quickly!

Top Bottom