Increasing performance-strangely worried

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
You have a training programme, and yet you smoke. There is a profound conflict going on there. Either you are taking riding seriously, or you aren't, and handicapping yourself by smoking suggests that your training and your results aren't as important to you as you would have us believe.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Here you go Jason.

Have a pop at this. Look who is number 8. Now that is farkin fast.

How have I become involved in this? I'm not the one with my wang out! ;)

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
Thats first and last ten miler. Heck I'm riding a China alloy POS frame with 6600 ultegra. Not likely to get a TT bike.
You don't need a TT bike, or the gear, to do a TT. You just compare your results with the guys of a similar age and on similar gear to you. There are people in my club doing 27 minute TTs on 30 year old steel frame fixies: and they're 60+.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
mikeG post: 3093851 said:
You have a training programme, and yet you smoke. There is a profound conflict going on there. Either you are taking riding seriously, or you aren't, and handicapping yourself by smoking suggests that your training and your results aren't as important to you as you would have us believe.
Smoking doesnt impede performance other than slowing recovery.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

You don't need a TT bike, or the gear, to do a TT. You just compare your results with the guys of a similar age and on similar gear to you. There are people in my club doing 27 minute TTs on 30 year old steel frame fixies: and they're 60+.
Great. Ill get back to you once I've been riding for 8 weeks OK?

KneesUp

Guru
Thats first and last ten miler. Heck I'm riding a China alloy POS frame with 6600 ultegra. Not likely to get a TT bike.

We have five bikes in our family. Your crankset alone costs more than I paid in total for all five bikes. Don't use equipment as an excuse - especially when it's perfectly decent.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Yeah righto. You've got some science behind that big statement, have you?
No ive got run times

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I didn't have anything funky to race on way back when, certainly not a TT bike. Alloy frame, 10 speed shifters on the down tube and so on and so forth. My Defy is way more up to date, I'd have done much better with it. Even so, it was a trick bit of kit back then. You don't need a TT bike. Club TTs can be very much a 'run what you brung' affair

ayceejay

Guru
What GPS device do you have Jason. Remember you were going to buy a HRM the other day (when you bought the tyres) did you look at a Garmin that can do both?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

We have five bikes in our family. Your crankset alone costs more than I paid in total for all five bikes. Don't use equipment as an excuse - especially when it's perfectly decent.
Oh really... Hows that going for you? If its not apparent already, I'm not interested in riding average. I'm interested in breaking people. Can't be done by me in TT

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

MikeG said:
But what can you compare them against, Jason? You have no way of knowing what those times would have been if you didn't smoke.
True. Fair enough. But Any better times and I'd be making my way to the Olympics. So matters not

Top Bottom