Increasing performance-strangely worried

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

50000tears

Riding in a group, drafting a vehicle, tailwind?

This is a silly argument. Of course you can use Strava segments to mark improvement in performance. Only a very tiny percentage of riders are going to set a time with a huge tailwind or after group riding and think "boy look how fit I am getting!" Most of us are sensible enough to compare like with like. And if you using the same bit of kit to record each ride then should should make deviations between different devices a moot point too.

Might be that Strava is not 100% accurate but to say you cannot use it so show progression is nonsense.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
This is a silly argument. Of course you can use Strava segments to mark improvement in performance. Only a very tiny percentage of riders are going to set a time with a huge tailwind or after group riding and think "boy look how fit I am getting!" Most of us are sensible enough to compare like with like. And if you using the same bit of kit to record each ride then should should make deviations between different devices a moot point too.

Might be that Strava is not 100% accurate but to say you cannot use it so show progression is nonsense.
Can you actually confirm any of this?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Tailwind, group, car drafting etc make not a sods difference up a hill. Unlike flat where you can't get into the top 100 because of chain gangs etc

Agree with 50000 here. Who regards a faster time due to wind aid/group an improvement. In the old days, of speedos stop watch function you would be daft to get a faster time by drafting and think you're getting more legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I rode with you on my mind.
View attachment 45753
Could have done with HR tbh. 2 round abouts + 3 turn Round points.

Im not hear to bash anyone. But STOP calling me out! Fool
Screenshot_2014-06-16-21-35-37.png

Without handicapping your weight and on a proper TT course. Your time has now been smashed by an old, overweight, milk drinking sloth

Actual recorded official time as per the records on CTT is 26:09

Last edited:
Top Bottom