Indoor Rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
I was given rollers about a year ago and never really bothered with them after the initial hilarity of falling off etc wore off (i.e. after my first go). This weather has made me dig them out the shed again. Just done 20 mins on them without incident (internet research and the doorway helped). Was thinking about doing about 20 mins every morning and recording how many miles I manage to do in that time. Today I managed 5.49 miles, average of 16.2 mph max speed of 31.5mph (well that has to be broken at some point too :biggrin:). Was sweating like a pig afterwards as I haven't got out on the bike for nearly a week, haven't cycled much since winter kicked in and with all the chocolate I've been eating I've put on nearly a stone in weight ;).

Anyway I suppose my question is, in a rather convoluted way - do you add this mileage to your overall yearly running total or keep it separate? Outdoor V indoor mileage kind of thing.

I would say a separate list using rollers means your pedaling all the time where as on road you can free wheel. Plus would be interesting for comparative.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Plax said:
Anyway I suppose my question is, in a rather convoluted way - do you add this mileage to your overall yearly running total or keep it separate? Outdoor V indoor mileage kind of thing.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Again, 'obsession' with mileage, if not to put too strong a description to it. grrrr

Use your roller session to build up your aerobic fitness again - use a HRM for working into a high enough zone.
As you cant use resistance as on a turbo, your training can be focused on really good technique and spinning the legs around .

I like 'em.. I enjoy them rather than the turbo if I am honest as they keep the mind from switching off and falling off

Never equate good training with 'junk' miles... if training is your aim... which it should be if you want to control your weight.

Top Bottom