Inferior technology that did well

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ok, I'll bite....why do you hate gas?

It had an affair behind his Mum's back and ran off with the milk lady.

J1888

Über Member
Spose it depends on what you mean by inferior technology...i.e. Apple are known for taking existing tech and making it 'work' but their hardware is often 'underpowered' compared to rivals. Take the original iphone and thr iphone 3g - didn't have any particularly unique technology but were far better to use than the Nokia N95/N96 and early Android phones...but maybe that makes it superior tech. I dunno.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ok, I'll bite....why do you hate gas?
Takes forever to make the pans hot, hob is a PITA to clean, wastes loads of heat. I loved my old induction hob, when we moved to the current house last year it had a gas hob and it's on the list of things that have to be changed.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
MP3 is far superior in terms of ease and use. A carrier bags worth of CD's fit on something the size of my fingernail and lose very little (if any) audio quality depending on compression. You would be hard pushed to listen to two side by side with a decent set of cans and say which was which.

So much wrong there but I'll Uncle Mort would no doubt agree with you.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Takes forever to make the pans hot, hob is a PITA to clean, wastes loads of heat. I loved my old induction hob, when we moved to the current house last year it had a gas hob and it's on the list of things that have to be changed.
You missed out the cold spots in the middle, the hellish instability and the fact that they break down all the time. It's armageddon basically. How I ever get a meal together is a mystery.

Pen on paper rather than digital crap

2nuhyeo.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You missed out the cold spots in the middle, the hellish instability and the fact that they break down all the time. It's armageddon basically. How I ever get a meal together is a mystery.
You two have either got rubbish pans, rubbish hobs, or both. We've got both induction and gas. Both are easy to use, easily controllable and pretty reliable - although the induction is a bit temperamental since a pan boiled over into the workings.

presta

Guru
Straw man.

You two have either got rubbish pans, rubbish hobs, or both. We've got both induction and gas. Both are easy to use, easily controllable and pretty reliable - although the induction is a bit temperamental since a pan boiled over into the workings.
If it won't withstand a pan boiling over it's not reliable, boiling over is what pans do on stoves. Pans boil over on my stove and it's water off a duck's back, the water just drains into the drip tray under the ring and evaporates off. My cooker is 27 years old, and in that time it's had just two oven elements: £10 from Espares, and 20 mins to fit them. I must have used perhaps a hundred cookers, gas and electric, and there's not one of them I would swap for my own.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
MP3 is far superior in terms of ease and use. A carrier bags worth of CD's fit on something the size of my fingernail and lose very little (if any) audio quality depending on compression. You would be hard pushed to listen to two side by side with a decent set of cans and say which was which.
Yes you are quite right. But in the earlier days, CD quality was so superior to MP3. Idk what it was, but it's only until recent years that I have moved to MP3 files and been satisfied with their quality. The iPods with headphones were fine, but going thru a hi-fi amp, I just couldn't get the correct sound coming out. It's possible I was doing something silly though.

Top Bottom