Injured and bored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JennyWr3n

Regular
Following my return from Italy, I have, at last, got my bike back fully re-assembled and looking hot! And even though the weather has been crap,(I would have probably stayed where it was cosy and warm ), but because I physically CAN'T ride .....I want to sooooooo much!

....Just 250 miles into my cycling adventure ....from Genoa....(original intention to reach the toe of the boot!!!.) ...I had a really bazaar accident and broke my wrist. It tested my courage to the limit being alone and in the hills!! I still had ten miles left to ride before reaching my B&B destination in a place called 'Magliano in Toscana' ...
To cut a long story short, I had to take my bike to bits and send it home (dhl did the honours!). I remained in Italy, getting train to Rome where my son flew out to spend Christmas/new year with Me.
Now back in UK, I have had my pot removed and begun physiotherapy ....And have been told NO CYCLING for at least 12 weeks!!!
I'm dying here I tell ya!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 14

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you use a turbo at least?

GWS. I know the feeling, I'm recovering from shoulder surgery, probably got another month off the bike too

OP
OP
JennyWr3n

JennyWr3n

Regular
[QUOTE 4652428, member: 259"]I broke my wrist this year and then had to have it rebroken and reset, so I feel your pain. It has completely ruined my cycling for this half of the year.:sad:[/QUOTE]
:sad: you wouldn't believe it could mess things up so much until it happens to you. When I was in A&E ... There was one guy who had broken BOTH wrists (don't know circumstances ) and my heart just went out to him!! Aweful! :sad:

Jenny Wren was "slang" for a member of the Women's Royal Naval Service with an affectionate nod to the small bird that perched on the official badge

wrns2.jpg

I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that you had changed the e to a 3, hence the possibility of a reference to Naval Service

mustang1

Guru
Find The Two John's Cycling Podcast. They don't air anymore but you should be able to find the archives. Go thru their episodes. Funny and entertaining as heck. I wish they were still podcasting.

OP
OP
JennyWr3n

JennyWr3n

Regular
Jenny Wren was "slang" for a member of the Women's Royal Naval Service with an affectionate nod to the small bird that perched on the official badge

View attachment 334797
I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that you had changed the e to a 3
Ahhh of course! No...no naval reference...I only changed the 'e' to a 3 because the name had already been taken. It was what my grandma called me on account of me being a titch. :tongue:

vickster

Legendary Member
:sad: you wouldn't believe it could mess things up so much until it happens to you. When I was in A&E ... There was one guy who had broken BOTH wrists (don't know circumstances ) and my heart just went out to him!! Aweful! :sad:
A friend of mine broke one wrist (fell off a barstool)...couple of weeks later she was walking to the station and slipped...guess which hand she put down to break her fall...and guess which she should have put down!

U

User32269

GWS.
I done my wrist, smashed the scaphoid, a few years back. Bloody nightmare! Make sure you do the physio recommended to recover fully and build the strength up. My physio was a 20 stone ex-rugby player who delighted in making me pick up hundreds of individual grains of rice from a tray!
Hope your on the bike soon.

Top Bottom