Insanely expensive bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't think they were anti-vaxxers as such, just (wrongly) didn't feel they personally needed vaccination.

They weren't opposed in principle to the vaccines, or to others having them.
A bit like me and DI2

Yay for spending large amounts of money at your local bike shop. It keeps them in business for when I need a new brake block.
Most of the population regard any sum iver £$99.00 as expensive.

i‘ve opened a rehoming centre for abused carbon,

View attachment 625032

all 3 came home in bags and boxes with a story to tell, one was an insurance right off, one a failed diy build project and the other was just a bargain. I’m luckily that i don’t mind taking a punt on a bike and then putting in some work to get them right, all of mine are worth more now than I paid for them as all the parts except the wheels were second hand.

i also use and lightly abuse them, they definitely don‘t get treated with kid gloves although I do service them well. The middle bike was on a 3hr wet ride last Friday, I’m not precious about them at all and am more than happy for my children to use them when we go out on family rides.

PS don’t tell anyone in my cycling club as they all think I’m a dentist with “loadsa money” and not a serial carbon rehoming sales engineer:laugh:
I have been trying to get one from TDF but no luck. More a trophy for the home, mounted. The bikes are lovely.

I’ll happily leave myself open to ridicule for what I choose to ride. I couldn’t be happier with my bike and for the mental well-being it provides me it’s actually cost effective. Cycling is a strange hobby, in that, those that buy ‘insanely expensive bikes’ are often seen as ‘more money than sense’ - whilst it’s true in my case (not because I have money but rather because I lack sense :laugh:), there are myriad reasons why others do so. I’ve received nothing but nice comments from other cyclists whilst out on mine so suspect it’s the anonymity of a forum that brings out the worst in some people. Anyway …. get ridiculing :okay:
View attachment 625076
Thats a beaut:notworthy:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And what some don't understand is when they buy a fashion item, generally clothes with the brand name in large letters on them, the maker is getting free advertising which the customer is by default, subsidising - ! :wacko:
They do understand it, but it doesn't bother them. My fridge has the makers name on the front as does my TV.

I've never felt the desire to take them off, and to me a bike without a brand name on the tube looks a bit plain and boring.

Drago

Legendary Member
According to France 24 News they had not taken it.
I read that they had the first jab and it had caused their heads to swell up and disfigure. It was in the Star, so is clearly true and beyond reproach or challenge.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They do understand it, but it doesn't bother them. My fridge has the makers name on the front as does my TV.

I've never felt the desire to take them off, and to me a bike without a brand name on the tube looks a bit plain and boring.
i wonder how many non brand items the poster has in his house??? i'm guessing, not many.......i wonder if he knows he subsidising their advertising lol

Drago

Legendary Member
The irony is you can tell exactly what brand it is from the colour:laugh:
Ah, another one with a Barbie bike.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
i wonder how many non brand items the poster has in his house??? i'm guessing, not many.......i wonder if he knows he subsidising their advertising lol
There is a big difference between something sitting in your house with a (usually) small maker's name visible, and walking around in public with it in large letters across your chest or back.

None of my household tech or appliances have the manufacturer name in large enough lettering to really classify as "advertising" IMO, with the possible exception of my lathe, which has distinctive Axminster colouring and quite a large Axminster Craft logo on the side.

Top Bottom