Insanely expensive bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
And I imagine walking around in public with it is so cumbersome that you seldom bother? :laugh:
Indeed. Nobody ever sees mine who might be likely to be influenced into buying one.

There are people though who use them and have Youtube channels, so they are then giving free advertising.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
There is a big difference between something sitting in your house with a (usually) small maker's name visible, and walking around in public with it in large letters across your chest or back.

None of my household tech or appliances have the manufacturer name in large enough lettering to really classify as "advertising" IMO, with the possible exception of my lathe, which has distinctive Axminster colouring and quite a large Axminster Craft logo on the side.
Not every garmemt has its name branded in large letters across its front or back…….maybe the items you wear does, probably mkenzie carp from sports direct i expect…..

but hey what was i supposed to expect from some posters………have a good day.

Alex321

Veteran
Not every garmemt has its name branded in large letters across its front or back…….maybe the items you wear does, probably mkenzie carp from sports direct i expect…..

but hey what was i supposed to expect from some posters………have a good day.
Of course they don't (and nothing I wear does).

But the original point about the "free advertising" was about those items which do - "when they buy a fashion item, generally clothes with the brand name in large letters on them".

The post of yours I responded to then appeared to be suggesting that having any items with brand names on them was the same free advertising.

I have no idea what you were "supposed to expect" or what you mean by that, though I guess it means you don't think my opinion worthwhile.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I’ll happily leave myself open to ridicule for what I choose to ride. I couldn’t be happier with my bike and for the mental well-being it provides me it’s actually cost effective. Cycling is a strange hobby, in that, those that buy ‘insanely expensive bikes’ are often seen as ‘more money than sense’ - whilst it’s true in my case (not because I have money but rather because I lack sense :laugh:), there are myriad reasons why others do so. I’ve received nothing but nice comments from other cyclists whilst out on mine so suspect it’s the anonymity of a forum that brings out the worst in some people. Anyway …. get ridiculing :okay:
View attachment 625076
A gorgeous looking piece of kit. :okay:

Is that a Team Ineos bike there ? Ex team or do they sell them like that ?
Nice collection but aren't they all pretty similar ?

no Ineos bikes there, all were salvaged as I like to call it.

but you’re right they are pretty similar overall. The black F8 is the weight weenie at under 7kgs and the orange/white K10 is very similar to the white F12 although the later is easily the most aerodynamic of the three, one I believe should be sold (so I’m told) but I’ve started commuting (yeah I know) on the K10, not very sensible but it wakes me up:ohmy:

Alex321

Veteran
If the name is on it then it is advertising , whether it be large or small:okay:
I disagree.

I think there is a massive difference between having the name easily visible to anybody who glances your way (advertising) and discreet brand name on an item tat people aren't really going to notice unless they are looking for it (not advertising IMV).

Top Bottom