Insurance it's like one big game.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
So home insurance renewal time again as is alway's the case it's gone up by about 15 quid nothing has changed no claim ect.
So the game starts and you get looking around at quotes. Oh and what a surprise same cover , some company as a new customer it's cheeper.
Add on cash back even better deal.
Just phoned them up after a lot of "oh right just need to go away and see what I can do" I've got them to match the price inc the cash back.

Why not just send out the best price to start with ?
It's just a big game to them really i'm lucky i'm able to play the game. Many can't companies know it and make a mint off them totally wrong really.

Can only hope the recent FCA finding's get acted on.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49930973

Drago

Legendary Member
Alas, the problem is too many people either let them get away with it through ignorance (in the polite sense of the word), or by letting the company a give a daft quote and then negotiate it down to something reasonable.

I can handle a few percent rise, inflation and all that, but any more that I don't ask questions, I don't negotiate, I walk. If everyone did that they'd soon stop playing this silly game.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I guess £15 might seem like a lot, depending on what the starting point was.

It is a bit of a game. Some of it will be inflation. Crime figures in the area may have changed, or whatever feeds into their risk calculation.

ThatvsaidThat said, I've never heard of a premium coming down when stats improve...

If you are looking about, consider what the company pay out rate is. What i find annoying is there are so many variables in the property cover (bikes in sheds being a forum concern and a question. Some include things , some you add on...

It's presumably intentionally hard to compare else, it is about providing the minimal service comparable on sites, and additional things at additional expense.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Normally I do the same often let it end and sign up all over again if the cheapest. Was expecting as normal to be told to do just that but she turned out to be helpful. It's the cheapest price anyway so went with it.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
I guess £15 might seem like a lot, depending on what the starting point was.

It is a bit of a game. Some of it will be inflation. Crime figures in the area may have changed, or whatever feeds into their risk calculation.

ThatvsaidThat said, I've never heard of a premium coming down when stats improve...

If you are looking about, consider what the company pay out rate is. What i find annoying is there are so many variables in the property cover (bikes in sheds being a forum concern and a question. Some include things , some you add on...

It's presumably intentionally hard to compare else, it is about providing the minimal service comparable on sites, and additional things at additional expense.

Guess it is but taking the whole saving i've made it's almost £50 which will be much happier in my pocket.
New quotes use the same variables though funny how they are often cheeper.

lane

Veteran
Thing is you can get a cheap renewal price but they try to recoup with high charges for various things like making a simple change with a high admin charge so it's not always clear cut who will work out cheaper. Also how good are they when you claim.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why on Earth do you need a broker, either to find a policy or to make a claim?

And yes, every time we phone to renew they try it on and every time we tell them the cost of insurance is coming down and we will not accept more than 2% and every time they pretend to refer to "a manager" then come back and agree.

The financial services business including banking and insurance is run by incompetent children.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

And yes, every time we phone to renew they try it on and every time we tell them the cost of insurance is coming down and we will not accept more than 2% and every time they pretend to refer to "a manager" then come back and agree.

The financial services business including banking and insurance is run by incompetent children.
You think this indicates incompetence?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Stuck with aviva for a while now as they have been good policies and get multi policy discount , they even matched my car insurance against the mrs price wise when she stopped driving as i was a named driver on the policy i kept the NCD

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Because they do the legwork to get the best quotes, do the legwork to get a quote for something rather out of the ordinary, and also are capable of influencing insurers who were otherwise being rather uncooperative.

That's why on Earth - in my personal experience on all 3 counts.

Top Bottom