Insurance renewal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is it the 1990s again?

Won't be long before those stereos that pull out of the dashboard will be back.

Daninplymouth

Same here renewal through for next month, £371 last year this year £595 never claimed in 20years. Driving a 10 year old diesel civic too so hardly expensive or sporty. On the comparison sites it’s around £400 this year, was expecting less than £300 🤦🏼‍♂️

potsy

Rambler
Same here renewal through for next month, £371 last year this year £595 never claimed in 20years. Driving a 10 year old diesel civic too so hardly expensive or sporty. On the comparison sites it’s around £400 this year, was expecting less than £300 🤦🏼‍♂️

Very similar numbers to my renewal quote!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Renewals in our house similar in price jumps . We managed to get a quote for the new EV of our current insurer Direct Line . Wasn’t too stupid but next year could be interesting. !

Drago

Legendary Member
Sadly none, other than shop about.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Range Rovers getting impossible to insure in London due to ease of theft (this is from BIL who is a motor insurer).
This is one of the points raised for the increase; apparently keyless entry is a doodle to bypass for those with the IT kit. :whistle:

Big John

Guru
This year, for the first time in god knows how many years, I'm going back to a good old fashioned broker. Had enough fannying about for hours on end trying to speak to a human being whenever there's a problem. The broker is more expensive than the comparison sites are offering but I'm hoping I'll at least have someone answering the phone and hopefully helping out when needed. It works out roughly £30 more using a broker but they're offering the same level of insurance but breakdown cover is with the RAC and not Green Flag, that appears to be the only difference.

P.S. Was insured with Churchill last time. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ever again. Fred Karno's Circus springs to mind.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now that's a shame :laugh:

They are feckin massive and shoot.. my CX bike would take the hiss out of one off road for speed, and my old FS would run away on any rough stuff. They have gone so far from what they were, and are as 'unreliable' but now can't be fixed without a dealer.

Top Bottom