IoW - turbo boys ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If the ferry is full, the Portsmouth and Southampton ferries have spaces so we could just have a different start point. I'll know more tomorrow.
I'll be driving to the port and parking up there, so either are OK for me .... well, Southampton is better as closer, but Portsmouth not too bad :okay:

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
Tried again this morning and 8 tickets booked, Lymington to Yarmouth @ 10am and return @ 17:05 on the 23rd Sept.

I'll send payment details later.

Game on.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Tried again this morning and 8 tickets booked, Lymington to Yarmouth @ 10am and return @ 17:05 on the 23rd Sept.

I'll send payment details later.

Game on.
Hi @kipster I now have a pass for the IOW ride on 23rd Sept :biggrin:

Sorry I just missed the bit where you booked the ferry tickets! I am happy to book myself on the same crossings - can I just check the details below are all correct?

Ferry tickets.jpg

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
Hopefully will have a new bike by then too if Canyon get their act together!
I'm hoping my summer bike is back on the road by then as well, Bianchi put out a recall on the forks and said to stop riding it, they did this as the end of July and Italy seems to shut down during August, so I'm hoping for some new forks in early September, if not I'll be on the wet weather bike.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm hoping my summer bike is back on the road by then as well, Bianchi put out a recall on the forks and said to stop riding it, they did this as the end of July and Italy seems to shut down during August, so I'm hoping for some new forks in early September, if not I'll be on the wet weather bike.
Ah now that must be annoying - I'm frustrated enough waiting 3 days for Canyon to reply to my emails to arrange to get mine collected and a new one sent out!

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
Ah now that must be annoying - I'm frustrated enough waiting 3 days for Canyon to reply to my emails to arrange to get mine collected and a new one sent out!

It is, but to be fair to Bianchi, they replaced my four year old frame that had developed a crack where a cable entered the frame, no quibbles, and they even upgraded the frame to a better model. I'm assured that the new forks are on a boat heading for Italy.

It's great that you can make the IoW, it should be a great day out.

CXRAndy

Guru
It is, but to be fair to Bianchi, they replaced my four year old frame that had developed a crack where a cable entered the frame, no quibbles, and they even upgraded the frame to a better model. I'm assured that the new forks are on a boat heading for Italy.

It's great that you can make the IoW, it should be a great day out.

That's the wrong way, they should be on a plane to the UK ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
I got distracted by work (outrageous I know) before completing my ferry booking the other day, but all done now!

I will probably do a day trip rather than stay over, unless I can do some strong renegotiating with my wife in the meantime, considering we'll be back to full-on football season taxi service for my two boys by then! Hopefully I will at least have time to stay for one beer with you all (sorry - shandy :headshake:) before heading back

So perhaps nearer the time @kipster you could advise on whereabouts in Brockenhurst would be suitable for leaving the car all day?

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
I got distracted by work (outrageous I know) before completing my ferry booking the other day, but all done now!

I will probably do a day trip rather than stay over, unless I can do some strong renegotiating with my wife in the meantime, considering we'll be back to full-on football season taxi service for my two boys by then! Hopefully I will at least have time to stay for one beer with you all (sorry - shandy :headshake:) before heading back

So perhaps nearer the time @kipster you could advise on whereabouts in Brockenhurst would be suitable for leaving the car all day?
I'm planning on the train station, google maps shows some car parking, no idea how much it will cost yet. Edit looks like £2 all day Saturday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom