Is a bread free diet pointless if you keep at the spuds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swampyseifer

Protien and carbs in proper quantities will keep and even build muscle, Like I said, just cut fats out and you lose fat but not muscle tissue.

I was under the impression that the body will break down both fat and muscle to deal with fuelling a dieting body? In fact, afaik the only way you could ensure that muscle volume doesnt "go down" would be to do some kind of training that utilises muscles in particular (resistance/weights)?

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
It's pointless if you want to make a sandwich.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Cut out all fat in your diet and you will lose weight quicker than you think. Iv done this and lost two stone in three months without trying. Its the diet bodybuilders use to rip up for a competition. Ill pm you a list of foods if you want, eat as much as you like and lose. My best result was three quarters of a stone in 11 days.
Please PM it to me as well.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Dont tell me, if I cut ALL fat out its unhealthy too :whistle:
It is. But you've already admitted that when you say "cut out all fat" you don't actually mean "all fat", you mean "any food with a fat content of more than 4.5%". Most of us on low-fat diets, for instance, would cut out full-fat milk (3.5%) - but you're happy to sink it by the gallon.

col

Legendary Member
It is. But you've already admitted that when you say "cut out all fat" you don't actually mean "all fat", you mean "any food with a fat content of more than 4.5%". Most of us on low-fat diets, for instance, would cut out full-fat milk (3.5%) - but you're happy to sink it by the gallon.[/quote]
Mmmm wonder where you got that from?:laugh: I did admit to not all fats in the sense you pedance mean, but Im sure you will think of some other way to have a dig^_^

col

Legendary Member
Please PM it to me as well.
Now I would add, that you do it sensibly. There are those on here who take every word and hold you to it.:whistle: I had fish and chips the other night for tea, bloody delish it was too, but back on the diet the next day and still lose weight at the end of the week.^_^

col

Legendary Member
I was under the impression that the body will break down both fat and muscle to deal with fuelling a dieting body? In fact, afaik the only way you could ensure that muscle volume doesnt "go down" would be to do some kind of training that utilises muscles in particular (resistance/weights)?
If your suffering from malnutrition it will. Also yes if your actively training, then you could also gain muscle mass. But normal activities would stop atrophy at least, unless you already have muscle mass through training, then you would have to keep training or your muscles would atrophy too.

col

Legendary Member
Id better add for the ones who like to jump on things . When I say all fats, I mean most from your daily diet, and in no way mean every single type and bit of fat, that would make you ill. Alright mr pedant?^_^

col

Legendary Member
It's pointless if you want to make a sandwich.
You can have sarnies too, just dont use butter/marg, I use daddies sauce instead, so in effect dry bread with chicken, or tuna, or even fish, bloooody delish^_^

srw

Id better add for the ones who like to jump on things . When I say all fats, I mean most from your daily diet, and in no way mean every single type and bit of fat, that would make you ill. Alright mr pedant?^_^
So when you say "all fats" you actually mean "not all fats". Especially not those in tuna. Or in full-fat milk. And especially not in fish and chips.

I hope that's cleared up any confusion.

col

Legendary Member
No, when I mean all fats Im actauly saying all the ones normally associated with being the fat in fatty foods we eat on a daily basis. I didnt know there was a way to get molecules of fat out of tuna, do tell me how you do this? Or were you just making it up to be obtuse^_^

srw

So you don't actually mean "all fats", you mean "all fats except those that naturally occur in food". Now we're getting somewhere.

col

Legendary Member
So you don't actually mean "all fats", you mean "all fats except those that naturally occur in food". Now we're getting somewhere.
No No Noooooo, please keep up, this is smaaaaall, that is far awaaaaay ^_^

col

Legendary Member
1679977 said:
The line is "OK, one last time. These are small... but the ones out there are far away. Small... far away... ah forget it"
AAh fick, your right.

Top Bottom