Is it worth reporting dangerous driving to the police - video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossw46

See the previous thread for more background...

Sadly, due to work schedule and other commitments, I'm probably not going to get the time to go to a police station and report this, so I'll post the clip of what I think was a pretty sh!t overtake by the guy in the van. Apologies for my language, and interested whether others think it was actually a decent overtake.

Ross

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxE9lYx1-4&feature=youtu.be

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Own that lane next time!

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
As has been said before own your lane. Don't give the nobbers the room. Shocking overtake though but we've all had them. If you take primary you have some wiggle room. You only had the kerb.

Here's a maxim for you....'If you ride in the gutter with all the sh*t, stand by to be treated the same'. Sad to say, but the police won't be interested, they see hundreds of these type of videos daily from all types of road users. Just look on YouTube.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The grey car before the van looked very close also. The dangers of kerb hugging. Glad to hear you now take a more assertive position on the road.

Drago

Legendary Member
Terrible driving by the van and the first car past you after the lights.

Poor positioning yourself at the lights, should take the lane as you become stationary, discourages cars slicing last you as they do a Santa Pod start. Strange aversion to looking behind and around you too - a lot of important stuff happens more than 20 degrees either side of straight ahead, especially at junctions... Nevertheless, that doesn't make it ok for other road users to endanger you like that.

Unfortunately although a complete f*** whit no offence was committed, they won't do a thing with it. But like the others say own the road but it's things like this that have me toying with getting a camera for that one time something happens......

jamma

Über Member
Stay out of the gutter go where vehicles have been due to more grip on the road than the gutter and as others have said nothing will get done about it unless they get out and threaten or assault you.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would be happier if you didn't offer stupid advice, if there is any risk someone might take it.

As i said about 10 minutes ago LET IT GO! My advice which i later explained is just a small part of this thread. I advised hugging the kerb when you fear you might be hit by an oncoming vehicle that doesn't respect or know why cyclists take a primary position. Have i advised attacking motorists or smashing up their cars? No i haven't but you and some others are acting like i have.

Top Bottom