Is there a SCP section on every Chat forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
jets-west-side-story.jpg
Which one of "them" are you?

OP
OP
Ansome

Ansome

Don’t repeat yourself. When once you have said your say, fully and clearly, on a certain point, and have failed to convince your friend, drop that subject: to repeat your arguments, all over again, will simply lead to his doing the same; and so you will go on, like a Circulating Decimal. Did you ever know a Circulating Decimal come to an end?
Lewis Carroll, 1890

Nearly all forums no matter how esoteric they are usually have a cafe and SCP equivalent. It just shows that most folks have other interest and have views and opinions that they like to share and also hear and debate on what others have to say. Such folders can be very informative and educational. Many of us are better of because of it.

The quality in IMHO is very much a reflection of the mods. Then there are the usual who fall in the following broad categories;
  1. "the wit" noted for one liners and genuinely thinks that he is witty with massive intelligence
  2. "the human archive" who can immediately quote chapter and verse on rules, regulations, laws, new articles, etc but actually does not know how it applies to a view or an argument
  3. "the pub intelligentsia" who live by cliches. They also have a following of lesser minds who genuinely admire them. Usually operate in a small group and ready to engage on every topic.
  4. "one trick pony" known for things such as correcting grammar, spelling and picking out errors and have no other purpose\
  5. "the nice guy" who is always politically correct, will avoid conflict but it will tell us everything including their personal life in great detail.
  6. "self-deprecating" lot, a growing trend to avoid confrontation and still keen to express a view. A style and approach the pub intelligentsia

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The quality in IMHO is very much a reflection of the mods. Then there are the usual who fall in the following broad categories;
  1. "the wit" noted for one liners and genuinely thinks that he is witty with massive intelligence
  2. "the human archive" who can immediately quote chapter and verse on rules, regulations, laws, new articles, etc but actually does not know how it applies to a view or an argument
  3. "the pub intelligentsia" who live by cliches. They also have a following of lesser minds who genuinely admire them. Usually operate in a small group and ready to engage on every topic.
  4. "one trick pony" known for things such as correcting grammar, spelling and picking out errors and have no other purpose\
  5. "the nice guy" who is always politically correct, will avoid conflict but it will tell us everything including their personal life in great detail.
  6. "self-deprecating" lot, a growing trend to avoid confrontation and still keen to express a view. A style and approach the pub intelligentsia

I'm all of those.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3508158, member: 259"]
  7. the "list-maker" who makes lists of stuff that would annoy Lynn Truss;
  8. the "grammar Nazi's";
  9. the "helpful person" who knows how to fix bikes.
[/QUOTE]

The pendant posse will be after you! ^_^

[QUOTE 3508158, member: 259"]
  7. the "list-maker" who makes lists of stuff that would annoy Lynn Truss;
  8. the "grammar Nazi's";
  9. the "helpful person" who knows how to fix bikes.
[/QUOTE]

I thought I covered the grammar Nazi's, it within the "one trick pony". For the helpful person who knows how to fix bikes is in other folders. Had a Canadian chap, ex-Brit who was the ultimate grammar Nazi in another forum and he was pretty much full on, they seem to nearly every forum I that I visited.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I think that was what I was pointing at, yes. If the thread was a separate forum like Photo and Pets at the top there it wouldn't have to be hidden from me for fear of 'frightening' me off in the first place, indeed it might be of interest to me from the start but I didn't visit because I don't know it's there. I see a newcomer like myself with a thinner skin might be put off by 6 pages of entrenched positions taken before someone recognises that there was an innocent question in the original post.

It's fine though. Carry on.
There are no innocent questions...

Top Bottom