Is this a motoring offence?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

If you'd rather self-insure against the possibility of causing a life-changing injury to a seven year old, that option is also available to you.
Legally yes it is, but financially it isn't, as @Tin Pot states it should be nationalised just like NZ.

spen666

Legendary Member
Some seriously wrong in law advice given on here.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Then no incentive to drive carefully asthe safe careful driver will be paying the same premium rate as the maniac behind the wheel

How do you deal with this?

what has that to do with whether it's nationalised?

I don't actually see much point in it being nationalised but even so, the when the railways were nationalised tickets weren't all the same price were they?

spen666

Legendary Member
what has that to do with whether it's nationalised?

I don't actually see much point in it being nationalised but even so, the when the railways were nationalised tickets weren't all the same price were they?

I suggest you look at what happens and then you may understand

spen666

Legendary Member
How is it dealt with now? apart from scumbag companies price fixing & legally being allowed to screw people over with inflated premiums

If you don't like motor insurance companies, then why take out a policy?

It is not complusory to take out a policy of motor insurance in the UK. ( see S144 of the RTA)

spen666

Legendary Member
That's interesting. What's the distinction as I'd have thought they're synonymous?
The only distinction is in Drago's mind. He is of course completely and totally wrong on the legal position

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

It is not complusory to take out a policy of motor insurance in the UK. ( see S144 of the RTA)

Aye but that's only if you've got a spare £500,000 to lodge!
(I do remember the days when it was only £15,000)

D

Deleted member 26715

If you had bothered to look at my answer to Dan B I have already stated that I know it is not a legal requirement, but it's not a financial possibility, maybe if I was a scumbag motor insurer who screws over people I would have enough money not to have to use one of my own products.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom