Is this a motoring offence?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't tell 'em nuffin' unless I'm making a claim or someone is claiming against me. They can't force you, and you're entitled to private and family life under the ECHR, hence the death of people in Court for such non disclosure.

vickster

Legendary Member
Even if it's within their Ts&Cs to which you agree when taking out the policy? Presumably you have waived that right upon doing so?

Reactions: mjr

johnnyb47

Guru
A 4x4 pulled out into the side of me around 3 years back wrecking my wing and door. The driver initially tried to blame me untill i pointed out to him it was all filmed on my dash cam. He then immediately detracted his accusation and we swapped insurance details. My cars old and only worth £1000 at the most, but it was in near immaculate condition.As I'm quite handy with the spanners I decided I would not put a claim in because I new it would of almost certainly been wrote off by the insurer's. £50 for a second hand wing and door in the same colour and a couple of hours work in my garage and the car was as good as new. I did however inform my insurers of the accident and what I was intending on doing , and they were happy enough for me to proceed. The next time my insurance was due it went up due to an non blame incident on my behalf. You just can't win with blooming insurers. Even the tight fisted motorist who hit me refused to pay me the paltry £50 even though money appeared to be no object to him.
On the plus side though I managed to keep my prized car on the road and not sent to the crusher. .

Reactions: mjr

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If no damage had been caused, I'd probably be at home with my feet up, sipping Glenfiddich.
If minor damage had occurred,,,see above.

I asked our insurers specifically if this notification would affect our premiums, he said

"It won't affect your no claims bonus."

"That's interesting, but I asked about our premiums."

"You weren't at fault so it won't affect your no claims bonus."

"I hear you, but I'm not making a claim am I? By giving you this notification will we have to pay more for our insurance?"

"Erm, it may affect the cost of insurance but not by much."

<sigh>

Be aware ....

There have been cases where such a call has been taken as reporting the incident and affected premiums regardless of whether the claim was pursued.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You've scraped a bumper and paid a chap to repaint it? Hardly an accident.
If its a motor vehicle in a public place and damage is caused. It is a RTA. It doesnt stipulate how much damage and its not for us to decide how much damage classes as an accident. The law is the law.

D

Deleted member 26715

Motor Insurers = Scum of the earth, legalised theft, they are lower than Estate Agents, Double Glazing Salesmen, Politicians & a snakes belly.

Top Bottom