It makes my blood boil!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
the police connive in this ridiculous evasion of case investigation by giving up at the earliest obstacle when it's one they can't be bothered with

does anyone think they'd give up easily if someone had done that to a copper?

no-one there moves a muscle other than the two chavs, that's hoe these things tend to happen, never mind being sat on a bike at the time

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
the police connive in this ridiculous evasion of case investigation by giving up at the earliest obstacle when it's one they can't be bothered with

does anyone think they'd give up easily if someone had done that to a copper?

no-one there moves a muscle other than the two chavs, that's hoe these things tend to happen, never mind being sat on a bike at the time

It is a very sad situation. I just hope that as the person assaulted is a solicitor he will drive the case forward.

Not the best person to assault then!!

Indeed they were taken by surprise. And happily we live in a society where the majority don't take to fisticuffs whatever the provocation. If somebody had taken it upon themselves to go after one of these thugs, there's no telling where this could have ended up (I bet this carload of rubbish have been in a similar situation before). In a way it's better this way where, hopefully, the video evidence is enough to bring the assailant to book. But I still would prefer his employers to see this and then sack the violent tw*t. I hope the chap on the end of that 'punch' goes full out for justice.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
As a slight aside, what have his Employers got to do with it? Could they get rid of him as he's comitted an offence (hopefully they'll shop him to the Police too!) or could they only do that if the offence was against the firm itself? Genuine question.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
As a slight aside, what have his Employers got to do with it? Could they get rid of him as he's comitted an offence (hopefully they'll shop him to the Police too!) or could they only do that if the offence was against the firm itself? Genuine question.

Many firms don't like employees bringing them into disrepute. As such that kind of behaviour could lead to sacking,

does anyone think they'd give up easily if someone had done that to a copper anyone else other than a cyclist?

Altered that a wee bit :whistle: Call me cynical (CYNICAL, no need to shout) but if that been a copper the thug would probably be the victim of a dawn raid etc. Even if it was somebody else with that evidence they'd still throw the book at him but as its a cyclist nothing will be done :angry:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Altered that a wee bit :whistle: Call me cynical (CYNICAL, no need to shout) but if that been a copper the thug would probably be the victim of a dawn raid etc. Even if it was somebody else with that evidence they'd still throw the book at him but as its a cyclist nothing will be done :angry:

I have met some coppers who are very pro cyclists rights and some who think I am scum for using the roads. Like all walks of like there are good and bad. I am amazed that the person can not be identified though. I think I will take a video still and post it around facebook.

I have met some coppers who are very pro cyclists rights and some who think I am scum for using the roads. Like all walks of like there are good and bad. I am amazed that the person can not be identified though. I think I will take a video still and post it around facebook.

I know what you mean.
There was a good still on Road.cc iirc unbelievably clear, yet they can't be identified!

400bhp

Guru
Indeed they were taken by surprise. And happily we live in a society where the majority don't take to fisticuffs whatever the provocation. If somebody had taken it upon themselves to go after one of these thugs, there's no telling where this could have ended up (I bet this carload of rubbish have been in a similar situation before). In a way it's better this way where, hopefully, the video evidence is enough to bring the assailant to book. But I still would prefer his employers to see this and then sack the violent tw*t. I hope the chap on the end of that 'punch' goes full out for justice.

What makes you think he has a job?

I agree with the rest of your post.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
On You Tube many comments point to them being Gypsies / Travelers. If that is the case and they were in that area for a funeral, and now they are a few hundred mile away on a travelers site, there is not much chance of the police ever catching up with them, and one gypsy would never shop another, so no chance of the car owner ever talking. My one doubt about them being gypsies is that girly punch / slap. One thing gypsies excel at is fighting.

I saw those comments. I have a couple of gypsy relatives, married in to my family. They're not the Irish stock but the old Romani who came here around 100 years back. Nicest people on Earth.

Now some of the Traveller families seem to use the "Gypsy" tag, but I dont really know if they are.. "Pikey" is also a really derogatory term, as "gypsy" used to be.

TBH theres only a really slim chance they're Travellers. The power of the web will hopefully find him, there have been similar campaigns by Crimestoppers and local newspapers that have found thugs like that.

Ellis456

I watched the video and it was terrible what happened, I hope the thug gets his comeuppance!!. I used to live in Bexley and know the roads well, they are very narrow in Bexley village, sometimes trucks go the wrong way and they cant turn as it's so narrow. Glad it was caught on camera though!.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
OK, I reported a few posts on the Evening Standard and the Mail website versions of this story. I felt it completely unnacceptable that people were allowed to distract from the assault to launch a tirade about cyclists or create conjecture.

So today I have recieved this from the ES team:

It has come to our attention that you have been consistently spamming our comments with apparent reports of abuse.

Our abuse flagging function is there to allow users to inform us of inappropriate or abusive postings, and not to enable you to undermine those views and postings you happen to disagree with.

For further information can I please refer you to the terms and conditions of using our website.

We are pleased you choose to use or online comment service, but please do so responsibly.

Regards

Gareth Vipers
London Evening Standard

I have replied asking why allowing such comment is acceptable? I have also pointed out that they would not tolerate such comment on any other story of violence be that normal assault or sexual, and I have strongly asked them to either screen more closely or turn off the commenting ability on such stories.

I'd like to know why they consider comments about buzzing cyclists acceptable, tirades about non existant taxes that all bear a) no relevance and b) just incite the idiots out there...!

Top Bottom