IT questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I've always run Windows and have never had a virus. I have accidentally installed some malware when not paying attention... but that's equally likely with any OS.
Not really, to be able to install on Linux you would have to understand the permissions & file structure as every machine is different unlike Windows where they are all the same

Look up elementary OS bloody amazing user friendly Linux distro very lightweight and macOS like

ianbarton

Veteran
Not really, to be able to install on Linux you would have to understand the permissions & file structure as every machine is different unlike Windows where they are all the same
Also, you will always be asked for the root password before anything can be installed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Look up elementary OS bloody amazing user friendly Linux distro very lightweight and macOS like
Just downloaded & fired it up on a USB stick, liked the speed, but unfortunately tried to install chrome, openvpn & synergy from the AppCenter & none of them are available, so it's no use to me shame as it looked interesting

Top Bottom