I've invented ABS for disc brake bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
And when I say invented I mean thought it would be cool. I reckon the kit you'd need to make them could be done fairly small and light. I mean what would you need? A power sourcr a servo and a microchip and a sensor. If they can make electronic gears then this should be achievable.
Yet another of my great ideas that I'm giving away almost free to anyone who wants it as long as I get 10p for each unit sold ever and absolutely no responsibility or work or anything like that coz' obviously I'm above that sort of thing.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
And when I say invented I mean thought it would be cool. I reckon the kit you'd need to make them could be done fairly small and light. I mean what would you need? A power sourcr a servo and a microchip and a sensor. If they can make electronic gears then this should be achievable.
Yet another of my great ideas that I'm giving away almost free to anyone who wants it as long as I get 10p for each unit sold ever and absolutely no responsibility or work or anything like that coz' obviously I'm above that sort of thing.

Ah, i see you understand the patent system pretty well; that's pretty much how it works! You need to obscure the language a lot though, else people will understand what you're proposing, making it harder to pounce later and claim the patent was really about a new kind of rocket engine.

Once you've filed your patent, just sit tight 'till someone markets something vaguely to do with brqkes or bikes, then send them your claim for loyalties. And it's usually cheaper to pay to make the problem go away, rather thqn get any old bollocks patent slung out.

Not that I'm bitter, not me

Good luck :-)

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Ah, i see you understand the patent system pretty well; that's pretty much how it works! You need to obscure the language a lot though, else people will understand what you're proposing, making it harder to pounce later and claim the patent was really about a new kind of rocket engine.

Once you've filed your patent, just sit tight 'till someone markets something vaguely to do with brqkes or bikes, then send them your claim for loyalties. And it's usually cheaper to pay to make the problem go away, rather thqn get any old bollocks patent slung out.

Not that I'm bitter, not me

Good luck :-)
I understand nothing and I defy anyone to prove otherwise!!!
Patent it...but I've already done all this work just having the idea. I'm all spent. The creative process takes so very much out of one that I don't have extra capacity for mundane things like patenting.
If it takes off and I loose out on millions I shall simply take up sitting alone in a dingy bar drinking myself to death and telling anyone unlucky enough to enter my orbit (Not like that) that it could have, should have been me and if it hadn't been for those pesky kids at city hall...etc You get the drift.

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Assuming that it costs money to patent something and seeing as I don't have any I thought perhaps I could email afew people in Nigeria and ask them for some money up front to get my excellent idea patented after which I will obviously pat them back twice the ammount when things get going (not really I'll just keep the money)
Wow. Today is turning into one of my brianiest ever days. I might be able to retire on the work I've done in the last 10 minutes alone. Now I just need some way of turning these ideas into concepts and Then I can begin to commennce. Before I do any of that though there's jsut enough time for some procrastination!!!!

Licramite

Über Member
must admit I don't really understand why brakes are seperately opporated, it wouldn't take the brains of a bishop to link them together, there must be a reason, maybe the opportunity to jam on your front brake and fling yourself over the handlebars is to good to miss.
again another example of how little bikes have moved up the evolutionary trail from the late 1800s when they were invented.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
must admit I don't really understand why brakes are seperately opporated, it wouldn't take the brains of a bishop to link them together, there must be a reason, maybe the opportunity to jam on your front brake and fling yourself over the handlebars is to good to miss.
again another example of how little bikes have moved up the evolutionary trail from the late 1800s when they were invented.

It shouldn't take the brains of a bishop to realise why they are and should remain separately operated either!

byegad

Legendary Member
I already have a time machine too, But mine moves forwards at one second per second and wont speed up, slow down or go into reverse :sad:

You're half way there, I'd patent it if I were you, maybe a fraction of a penny per person per second in Royalties would make you exceedingly rich in time.

byegad

Legendary Member

This says a heck of a lot about you, and nothing about brakes.

Top Bottom