Jeremy Clarkson should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
When I was at junior school we learnt the rhyme with the "n" word but we had no idea what it meant. My best mate at junior school was the son of immigrants from the West Indies(asked to come here to help with the lack of workers), he used the 'n' word in the rhyme as well as he had no idea what it meant.
Since I found out what it means I always say "tigger" instead.

My name is Nigel. Guess what one of my nicknames was a school?
I should go to the papers and make a fortune.

The Dambusters, now they really were racists weren't they?

I'm surprised that the reference to Guy Gibsons Labrador took so long to come up

(can't remember if the name is edited/cut-out/over-dubbed in the film??)

There was a furore, over the Dogs name, when it was announced that Peter Jackson ('Lord Of The Rings' director) was going to remake 'The DamBusters'

Wasn't it suggested that it was changed to Digger (but, would that construed as a slight on Australians???)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3058822, member: 1314"]
Big Ron's tale is a mundane tragedy. Clarkson is just a nobber.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure he'd be the first to agree. But no-one should be sacked for being a nobber, so long as it doesn't prevent them doing their day job properly - and no-one's suggesting that. JC likes winding up the self-righteously over-earnest; on this occasion he overstepped a mark; he recognised it, admitted it, and apologised. Time to move on, I think, unless any here are without sin...?

Saddle bum

Über Member
Clarkson is a tit and a buffoon. However he is best left alone and become an attraction for his like-minded admirers. Otherwise we would have to find someone else to be a target.

I get more annoyed over his promoting car primacy and his anti-cycling utterances.

Everyone knows he's a tart and he does not impress many.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Top gear without Clarkson would not be the same. Anyway, we all say stupid things sometimes, so what? It seems that in today's world, every body is watching every body . I am really fed up with this " must never say anything to upset others" attitude. We are all humans and we all have faults. Show me a perfect human being and I will show you a fool. I dread to think what the world will be like in 25 year's time! I think we'll all have to say set phrases that don't offend anyone and I, for one, won't be around to see it.

MarkF

Guru
I always thought it was "catch a sailor by his toe".

I would find it hard to believe his mumbling was meant to convey or encourage racism. And whether right or wrong, any damage is being caused by whomever published the outtake.

I'd not heard that and I'd never head the substitute word "Tigger" till I read this thread, it was always N in my youth.

I don't watch Top Gear and know little about him, but he's been silly using the word, and other silly people are only too happy to exploit the opportunity that he has provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom