July 2013 Liverpool/Chester 90 mile ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

on the road

Über Member
For parking, you can park on the dock road (Sefton Street) up to near the traffic lights with Stanhope Street, or you can park in Stanhope Street. You can also park on Brunswick Street by the Cunard buildings or on Water Street by the Liver Buildings, it's Pay & Display there but it only applies 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday.

on the road

Über Member
If you don't mind paying to park and being ripped off that is. Luckily for me the start is virtually on my doorstep and it takes me less than 5 minutes to ride down there.

PaulBrdmn

If you don't want to look around for free parking and don't mind paying there's also the council car park at Mount Pleasant that is £4 all day (that might also be the case for the one at Lime St station and the Liner hotel, which are both a bit nearer, but I'm not 100% sure).

I've still not signed up because I'm not sure if I will be working, should probably sort that out as the start is 5 minutes from my flat.

aces_up1504

Received my pack yesterday! Number 788 and doing the 50 mile ride.

As it will be far the furthest I have ridden and knowing what i average around, set myself a couple of targets:
Moving time:
Bronze: 5 hours
Silver: 4.5 hours
Gold: 4 hours

chqshaitan

Guru
Received my pack yesterday! Number 788 and doing the 50 mile ride.

As it will be far the furthest I have ridden and knowing what i average around, set myself a couple of targets:
Moving time:
Bronze: 5 hours
Silver: 4.5 hours
Gold: 4 hours

good goals to aim for bud.

aces_up1504

Cheers Ray,

Its something achieveable, no point in saying a can do 13-14mph average cause i will just blow up and not enjoy the ride

chqshaitan

Guru
Cheers Ray,

Its something achieveable, no point in saying a can do 13-14mph average cause i will just blow up and not enjoy the ride

yea, end of the day, the time is a distance 2nd or 3rd on the list, enjoyment is number 1 for me.

. also since i will be joining you, i don't want to get screwed by going too fast initially and then burning out before the finish line :smile:

Top Bottom