Jumping red lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Based upon your active encouragement of RL jumping I now conclude that you are indeed a bell-end and thus worthy of no further time.

Aww, come on, you need a little hug?

Dan B

Disengaged member
I wish cyclists would live up to the name of red light jumping. I have not yet seen a cyclist jump over a traffic light and I expect it would be a sight to see.

Maybe one to suggest to Danny MacAskill?

One of these days, the jumpers will become a cropper.

According to TfL in London over 5 years, two red light jumping cyclists were killed, with three killed by red light jumping cars out of a total of about 500 cyclists killed over the period. So whatever the legality or moral issues associated with it, its not dangerous.

There were also 7 pedestrians and 7 motor vehicle occupants killed by RLJ motorists, none by RLJ cyclists, and 7 RLJ motorcyclists were killed.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

And computer scientists get Christmas and Halloween mixed up.

According to TfL in London over 5 years, two red light jumping cyclists were killed, with three killed by red light jumping cars out of a total of about 500 cyclists killed over the period. So whatever the legality or moral issues associated with it, its not dangerous.

There were also 7 pedestrians and 7 motor vehicle occupants killed by RLJ motorists, none by RLJ cyclists, and 7 RLJ motorcyclists were killed.

I don't think it's dangerous either in many situations (after all how many of us cross the street without the aid of a little green man?) but I don't do it because it makes cyclists look bad. I also hope that if the cars behind me see me stop they might be more inclined to behave in a courteous manner towards me when the lights go green.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

I wasn't worried that he will kill himself doing it, but more than every time someone does it, it gives some stupid motorist a greater hatred of cyclists. How can we exepect motorists to follow the law and the HC when some cyclists don't follow the law, or the HC.

I wasn't worried that he will kill himself doing it, but more than every time someone does it, it gives some stupid motorist a greater hatred of cyclists. How can we exepect motorists to follow the law and the HC when some cyclists don't follow the law, or the HC.

We can expect motorists to as they're licensed, cyclists aren't licensed.

Tommi

How can we expect non-white people to follow the law and common courtesy when some white people don't follow the law or common courtesy?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

I'm more worried that because of SportMonkey's puerile behaviour, that motons will expect me to jump lights also, and when I don't, sometimes get very close to rear-ending me. His riding and that of all other RLJers puts the rest of us directly in danger.

Top Bottom