Just had my first pickled egg....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, I know that, but unless you are starving ( which I am not) why would you eat one?
Don't ask me, I like liver and onions, white, fruit and black pudding and consider haggis as a bit of a speciality. A pickled egg is never going to be more than a flutter on my radar. :okay:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My local always used to have a jar of “Armin’s Arse Rippers” behind the bar - Armin being the German landlord, and his arse rippers being home-made pickled eggs with a large dose of chilli. They were awesome.

Alas, Armin is no more, and the recipe for his arse rippers has gone to the grave with him. :sad:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I grow my own garlic but I’ve never pickled it. Hmmm, might try that.

I have several jars of pickled home-grown chillies - we had a glut of them last year so I had to do something with them. I’ve become addicted to eating them straight from the jar. They’re strangely more-ish - lovely sweet, fruity flavour, but a vicious kick that leaves your lips tingling (not quite as much of a kick as the habanero I once ate - that left my whole face numb for a few hours).

How can you have reached the age you have without knowing that just about everything has a wankery league?
Very true.

Then again I only found out about the existence of nobbers from being a member of CC #givemebackmyshelteredlife

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just wait until pickled eggs meet Fray Bentos. Armageddon.
Now there's a thought.
I think you may have something there.
Tinned pickled egg pie........it has a certain ring to it.
I'll get onto Fray Bentos today and suggest it to them.
Could be another winner! :okay:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I hate garlic ,the smell the after effect in fact its feckin awful stuff.
I used to hate horse radish but i love that now, garlic will never be a treat.
I dread having a meal round the daughters as they thrive on the stuff ,i feel yuk for 2 days after .

In small doses i can hack it , but why the hell does anyone only want that taste in their mouth?? Everything else is just pointless.

Thanks for listening ,i had to get that off my chest :laugh:

Top Bottom