Just thought I'd tell you how happy I am

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
Always loved the Izalco Pro 2.0 when they first came out but couldn't warrant (read "afford") the couple of grand they were asking for them so bought a couple of years old Allez to get back into cycling - I was nearly 18 stone at the time and was riding a Boardman Team Hardtail mountain bike but wanted to get back to my youth of riding road bikes. I'd promised myself that I wouldn't upgrade my bike until I hit the 15 stone mark and just after christmas I came across this Izalco Pro 3.0 ErgoRide having been ridden once, (the bloke had bought it and all the gear and then scared himself silly on the city streets of Manchester). Now being a few pounds south of 15 stone I didn't need any excuse to treat myself. Only been out on it once due to the weather but have knocked up over 250 miles on the Turbo with it in January and couldn't be more happy with it - super smooth and comfy and the Ultegra is lovely. Didn't like the extreme slope of the top tube at first but its grown on me and now find my self looking at the bike instead of the television and smiling to myself (it lives in the front room for now until my son goes back to uni). Will probably change the bottle cages and bars as they're a smidge too narrow at the minute. Overall
Izalco.jpg
still grinning like a cheshire cat.

buggi

Bird Saviour
just put another layer of bar tape on, that will sort it. Its really easy, just look it up on youtube. Nice bike

buggi

Bird Saviour
bottle cages look fine as well although matching black would be better, but they are carbon I think

OP
OP
LimeBurn

LimeBurn

Über Member
No they're alloy at the minute but only 25g a piece just don't know whether I like the 2 different colours - the fsa Vero bars that are on are measured from between the drops but they are shaped outwards if you know what I mean, nice shape and comfortable but makes the position of the hoods feel even narrower than normal - so will replace with some 3t ergos when funds let me.

Top Bottom