Just wondering about ladies???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Hi Ebony, nice to meet you. I've been riding for almost a year, have a fairly old bike but my aim is to join a club. Don't know what sort of rider I will be. I do about. 100-120 miles a week now. Still building up my distance 75 max so far. Started on 8 miles after best part of 7 years in hospital. Love being out on my bike even on days like today: tired and strong wind against or across me most of the way. Aah well at least it was dry.

Wow that gives me hope....my longest so far is 20 miles but hoping to build up to 100+.

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Ha, ha. Not if their cooking/baking is anything like mine! Not domesticated at all I'm afraid. Much rather be out cycling or walking.
I can bake a cracking cake lol but agree with you...all domestic stuff goes out the window if I have a chance of being oit cycling/walking/kayaking lol. No show home here ha!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
A guy here (or at least the last time I checked),

There are plenty of female cyclists on the forum,you can normally tell since they provide the most useful information in response to a question :tongue:
I like this answer!!!
I commute, and pootle to the allotment and shops, and occasionally get out exploring. And I do like baking/cooking and subsequently eating it too:whistle:

trampyjoe

Nothing wrong with baking ... you don't have to queue at the cake shop and you can have any cake you want.

Just for the record I'm of the male variety, though my wife has questioned that on a number of occasions.

Sandra6

Veteran
Hi Ebony, another lady cyclist here.
I commute a short distance to work and cycle 20 miles or thereabouts for fun whenever I can.
I'm very slow compared to a lot on here but I like to trundle along looking where I'm going.

Welcome & another woman here as well and love cake making (providing its a vegan one!)

no job, no kids if you don't count the OH, 2 bikes, an off road touring bike or expedition bike (just seen 12 months use & 8,700 miles unsupported touring until a dog redesigned my leg with +100 stitches and 4 bites) and a road bike. Used to have a mountain bike and go off road on that as well, but it was sold to fund the tour and now missing it badly - not sure I can validate a 3rd bike!

Longest ride to date around 96miles with +10,000 foot of climbing & 10 miles undersea tunnels/tunnels... (in metric 146km 3,000 metres and 15km underground) - night we arrived at Nordkapp (Norway) but can't manage that now... max so far since 'dog incident' is 25 miles.

Top Bottom