Keto Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Might be worth trying keto diet. Low carb high fat after a a couple of weeks body becomes keto adapted and the body uses ketone for fuel and burns fat for energy. No need to feed at all just hydrate. Instead of 2000 calories of stored energy which is used up after 2 hours or so the body has 40000 of calories of stored energy from fat. That's what I'm on and never felt more healthy. Lots of athletes have adopted this method mostly endurance iron man etc. The man who initially wrote the book on carb loading before an endurance event has completely turned about face and admitted he was totally wrong. Used by Australian cricketers David Warner and Shane Watson. I'm getting my son to try and when he finishes his racing season in Oman he will do it. In the first couple of weeks there is performance loss but after that it's all benefit in performance.
BTW those who said my son should get another coach rather than me should know that within 12 months of riding he won his first TT in a field of 50 riders. I never won my first TT, and I don't know who has.

classic33

Leg End Member
Might be worth trying keto diet. Low carb high fat after a a couple of weeks body becomes keto adapted and the body uses ketone for fuel and burns fat for energy. No need to feed at all just hydrate. Instead of 2000 calories of stored energy which is used up after 2 hours or so the body has 40000 of calories of stored energy from fat. That's what I'm on and never felt more healthy. Lots of athletes have adopted this method mostly endurance iron man etc. The man who initially wrote the book on carb loading before an endurance event has completely turned about face and admitted he was totally wrong. Used by Australian cricketers David Warner and Shane Watson. I'm getting my son to try and when he finishes his racing season in Oman he will do it. In the first couple of weeks there is performance loss but after that it's all benefit in performance.
BTW those who said my son should get another coach rather than me should know that within 12 months of riding he won his first TT in a field of 50 riders. I never won my first TT, and I don't know who has.
Best started with proper medical advice before and monitoring through the first few months.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Best started with proper medical advice before and monitoring through the first few months.
The guy who wrote the book on carbohydrate loading for endurance events is Dr Tim Noakes. If anyone is interested here he is explaining the reasoning behind his U Turn.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWrH2tzVjs

The clincher for me is Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool F.C. at the end of the video. Are they on a Keto diet?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
The guy who wrote the book on carbohydrate loading for endurance events is Dr Tim Noakes. If anyone is interested here he is explaining the reasoning behind his U Turn.

The clincher for me is Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool F.C. at the end of the video. Are they on a Keto diet?
Still not one to start without the proper medical support in place, which Jurgen Klopp had.

Proper Ketogenic Diet may well require supplements, that have to be prescribed by a doctor, in the UK. Which will be determined by blood tests normally.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Still not one to start without the proper medical support in place, which Jurgen Klopp had.

Proper Ketogenic Diet may well require supplements, that have to be prescribed by a doctor, in the UK. Which will be determined by blood tests normally.

You might need some extra salt. Not table salt but natural salt, like Himalaya salt. Carbohydrates are not essential to a diet. There are no supplements that you need to take at all. I am taking omega 3 fish oil with vitamin D as that is for the lack of sunshine this time of year and also to counter balance theamount of Omega 6. I've read the books about this and viewed lots of presentations by the experts in the field. I wouldn't trust a doctor with anything that contradicts their fatally flawed NICE guidelines.
The salt will handle what they call keto flu, and that's about it. Please tell me what supplements., you suggest you xhould take and your evidence that you need a doctor for a blood test. What's a blood test going to tell you?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

It is true that the keto diet requires you to eat fat. For me that is not a problem as I am absolutely of the mind that eating fat does not end up with clogged arteries as followers of previous posts of mine are well aware. The fat I am eating is from avocados, butter, cocount oil, nuts, olive oil, and fatty foods like salami, sausages, bacon cooked in butter. Edit: I also eat lots of dairy like cheese and full fat milk and I'm not holding back on salt either and do you know what my cooked breakfasts at the weekend taste fantastic.

I don't eat bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. I also steer clear of anything to do with seeded oils as they are very bad for you especially fructose oil syrup which is used as cooking oil for KFC and Macdonald and mostly all other fast food outlets. I avoid all sugar as much as possible including fruit (fructose). Definitely no cakes or biscuits as they cause a rise in insulin and blood sugar levels which cause cravings when the bloop sugar drops suddenly.

After 3 months I can easily go for 24 hours and eat nothing at all, which I do once or twice a week because I am no longer hungry. I ate breakfast this morning but only because today I'm doing some training, but could have easily gone without. Some days I drink "bullet proof" coffee, a euphemism for coffee blended with an MCT oil (in my case coconut oil) and butter a not unpleasant drink at all.

I appreciate that for most of us it sounds unpalatable but the benefits are unlimited supply of energy from ketones, better cognitive function (I can remember things now that I couldn't before), not causing inflammation to the body from eating sugary foods,and weight control management.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
You had me up until the magic salt.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

You had me up until the magic salt.
^_^

Too valuable to throw over your shoulder. Comes down from Tibet along the silk road and then paddle steamer to Tilbury docks. I believe if you feel especially lucky it can forecast the draw for the National Lottery by the way the crystals land if you throw them on to a saucer with your left hand, while chanting Hari Krishna

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I lost 3 lbs this week. It's actually a diet that's not only great for athletes but ideal for fat people to lose weight. Mr sceptical out there who is taking a whole list of medication, overweight and feeling like crap, should make a life style change and try this diet. Most lightweights stop after a week or two. ^_^

I'm not taking any meds any more, even ditched the daily aspirin.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I'm on keto and would take magnesium if I was you. The Big Fat Fix is a great film based on low carb eating and exercise. Cardiologist Aseem Malhotra and Donal O'Neill made it.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/X4FNYj

Looks like some of the pro teams are taking a ketone supplement and it is being questioned as a dubious performance enhancement. I can't see how one drink can put you into ketosis. Basically all it is is MCT oil, which you can buy in supermarkets. Blend it into coffee with butter and hey presto a "bullet Proof" coffee to improve your performance by 2 to 3%. ^_^

The keto adapted athlete maybe but this supplement is probably over rated.

MCT oil (medium chain triglyceride) 6/8 carbon atoms in a line which goes straight to the liver where it is converted into ketones for energy and not fat stores

Last edited:
If you want to shift from Primarily carb to primarily fat burning, look at your cycling technique, concentrate on cycling at high power and high cadence ( for arguments sake 150 Watts + at 90 ( ish )rpm) no need for a fad diet.

Top Bottom