Kids homework

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
The Boy found online a castle model plan from a shop, so I phoned up a model shop to get a model kit for a castle for The Boy to do his homework.

"...great, can I reserve that and get an idea on the price?"

"Sure but I'll have to check the shelves and call you back."

<16 hrs pass>

"Hi I reserve da castle kit yesterday and was expecting a call with the price?"

"Yes we've got it ready, but I'll have to go to another department to get a price for you."

"Ah we have to come now anyway, I guess I'll find out when we arrive."

<2 hrs pass>

Arrive at shop, reservation still being put together, still no indication of a price.

There is one room, no other "department" conceivable, just three staff on one shop floor.

<15 mins pass>

"That's £55 sir."

classic33

Leg End Member
The Boy found online a castle model plan from a shop, so I phoned up a model shop to get a model kit for a castle for The Boy to do his homework.

"...great, can I reserve that and get an idea on the price?"

"Sure but I'll have to check the shelves and call you back."

<16 hrs pass>

"Hi I reserve da castle kit yesterday and was expecting a call with the price?"

"Yes we've got it ready, but I'll have to go to another department to get a price for you."

"Ah we have to come now anyway, I guess I'll find out when we arrive."

<2 hrs pass>

Arrive at shop, reservation still being put together, still no indication of a price.

There is one room, no other "department" conceivable, just three staff on one shop floor.

<15 mins pass>

"That's £55 sir."

Sounds about right. Wotsup.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Sounds about right. Wotsup.

I started out thinking I'd help my son, finished realising I was paying £55 for homework(!)

I get the feeling they were avoiding telling me the price for that very reason.

Incidentally a small handful of small stones is £4 if anyone wants to pop out and pick some off the floor for infinite percent profit.

screenman

Legendary Member
I started out thinking I'd help my son, finished realising I was paying £55 for homework(!)

Incidentally a small handful of small stones is £4 if anyone wants to pop out and pick some off the floor for infinite percent profit.

Margin, not profit as they have overhaeds to pay for.

I must admit I find it odd how hard it is to spend money sometimes, for real bad service try M&S in Lincoln.

classic33

Leg End Member

What's their "R" number?

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
What's their "R" number?
?

Many years ago in time, far distant from now......

We did a project on the "Stone of Destiny" installed under the Throne at Westminster, and validating the crowning of Monarchs

My mother was told very firmly at a Parents evening:

1. It was not "nicked from the Scots"
2. It was the genuine thing not a hearthstone palmed off to the English by a canny Scot who hid the original
3. All the Kings and Queens invested were in fact genuine monarchs

classic33

Leg End Member
What's their "R" number?
Their "R" Number
R Number.jpg

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=H-2008-16-Scenics
T'was a bugger keeping that stand stocked

Top Bottom