Kindle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm using it mostly to add a "read" tag to the things I've finished. I'm terrible for picking up a book I read a couple of years ago, and unwittingly rereading it, only noticing once I've got halfway through :smile:

I'm the same, but I use Goodreads for that purpose - also usually write a brief review to help me remember whether I thought a book was any good. I surprise myself sometimes when I look back on what I've read in the past.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
OK. Kindle paperwhite bought. Having never used one before I'm getting used to it
Any recommendations of free books?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Lots of council library services, including Leicester's (for the OP) use Overdrive for their e-Library service. In Derby's case (which I use - other services may differ), you can borrow up to 20 books for 2 weeks each. You can put holds on books with no copies available, and this can be set to automatically borrow the book when it's available. You can also recommend books they don't currently offer. I've done this a couple of times, and both times a week or two later, the book was available to loan. To register, just visit your local library.

To read the books you can use your browser, download the book as an ePub or sometimes a PDF via Adobe Digital Editions, or use the Overdrive app on your phone or browser. If you want to read the books on a Kindle, you'd have to import them into Caliber using Apprentice Alf's plugin. This has the side effect of removing the 2 week restriction. :whistle:

OK. Kindle paperwhite bought. Having never used one before I'm getting used to it
Any recommendations of free books?
This link should sort all the free books on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_p...:0-0&page=2&sort=price&ie=UTF8&qid=1359843840
Select what you want and just send them to your device. Beware though as some authors are a bit sneaky and will give you free books to draw you into a series, then want paying for subsequent ones :ohmy:. Not something I mind if I'm enjoying the writing though, a couple of quid for a decent book is well worth it.
Theres also http://uk.dailyfreebooks.com/free_ebooks/c/

There is some truly terrible prose in those summaries, like ..

Rose Tillman, a 17 year old girl with a nasty attitude, smart mouth and a spoiled brat is being ripped from her lavish lifestyle with nothing left to show for it but a black card that was giving to her by her sorry fahter. After losing her mother Rose is basically forced to relocate to Atlanta, Georgia with her aunt. Rose soon has a hard time trying to adjust to the new city and finds herself doing things she thought she would never do. Just as she thought things couldn't get any worse tragedy hits her where she then has no choice but to be introduce to Camio Smith.Camio is a 20 year old hustler one thing in mind and that was to grind. With his crew having the streets of Atlanta on lock nothing could be better all he was mising was a misses. Camio caught eyes with Ro...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just bought a kindle fire 8' HD. Nice bit of kit for under a one'er ......in a month or 3 I'll have it sussed

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
"The author takes a closer look at the tragedy of the book of Job and finds God's fingerprint of grace on every single page. He delves into the culture of Job's time to make sense of the mannerisms of the characters involved in this extreme story of loss and God's goodness. Many truths that are overlooked and hidden are brought into plain sight as we discover the frailty, humanity and flaws of Job. The author takes a look at centuries old assumptions and applies even older truths of the character of God which tells a different tale than we are used to. This book is refreshing, funny, painfully honest and a very easy read. If you are looking for answers to your "Why's" this book is a must have for you...."

The phrase "they couldn't give this stuff away" comes to mind.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is that your first Kindle? I am trying to work out if it is worth swapping my 4 year old 7 Fire.

Yes. I got it to replace my knackered Samsung.....I think its OK..my son says there fantastic but he watches movies and all sorts.and he is a IT man ...I'm finding it very annoying at the moment...but it takes me ages to learn a new gizmo...at least its android

Top Bottom