Kinesis TI Frame. Should I, or shouldn’t I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah. Thanks. Didn't realise they had moved. :thumbsup:
Nor did I. Paying a visit next weekend. Having booked accommodation in Hunstanton. Taking bike on train from London

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nor did I. Paying a visit next weekend. Having booked accommodation in Hunstanton. Taking bike on train from London
What are you looking at - the Skeiron Disc? (based on your previous thread). If so, post your thoughts after the visit as this could be on my radar next year.

vickster

Legendary Member
What are you looking at - the Skeiron Disc? (based on your previous thread). If so, post your thoughts after the visit as this could be on my radar next year.
Probably not a van Nic. I didn't get on with the used one I recently bought and sold on very soon thereafter. A previous post by someone else suggests not out this year anyhow?

I like the J Guillem Orient but the pressfit BB puts me off. Otherwise the Enigma Etape disc

More just curious, doubt I'll actually buy anything! (Also still need injury claim to finally pay out)

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
The Skeiron Disc is the frame I rode on Saturday at Pedal Barn in Thrapston. It's the Yukon Disc I was told isn't out until next year.

The Skeiron was a lovely bike to ride, but several features mean it's not the frame for me. No mountings for guards or rack, through axle hubs (I have a set of quick-release wheels with Son Dynamo hub I want to re-use) and a press-fit bottom bracket.

Graham

vickster

Legendary Member
I test rode the Skeiron 3 times today at Fatbirds. 54 version but for some reason it just felt small and not right probably due to the rake of the headtube.

I also tried the Guillem Orient in a 54 (actually closer to a 56) and even with too long a stem and too wide bars it just felt much better and is probably top of the list (despite PF B.B.), the frame has some interesting detailing, doubt I’ll see others being ridden (although to be fair that is pretty much the case with most Ti models). There’s some oddity with the front fork and mudguard fitment but that can be addressed with no bother. No rack mounts but it might be possible to get those added

Also tried their Enigma test bike. Probably didn’t get the best from it as I was really tired by then! :blush:

The guys at Fatbirds aka Pedal revolution were extremely helpful :okay: I do have a Guillem dealer about 4 miles from home, which would be much easier obviously although the helpfulness today would be hard to beat :smile:

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
Personal choice I guess, but I would have gone with the 12mm thru axle over QR every time to be honest.

Yes. But you haven't got an existing set of wheels with a £200 Quick Release Son Dynamo hub that you want to re-use.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes. But you haven't got an existing set of wheels with a £200 Quick Release Son Dynamo hub that you want to re-use.
Nothing wrong with QR disc frame.......been using one for 4yrs, im 18st and descend like a runaway train. QR have never caused a problem

Enjoy the ride

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
Well. I’m just waiting for the stem and bars to arrive and I can start the build.

So far I’ve got...

Pacenti SL25 rimmed wheels with Son28/Shimano hubs
Selle Anatomica saddle
Kinesis carbon seatpost
Ultegra 6800 shifters
Ultegra 8000 font and rear mechs
Ultegra CX77 cable disc brakes
Ultegra 6800 semi-compact crankset
KMC SL chain

My remaining problem is bottle cages. Have you seen the price of titanium ones! :eek:

Top Bottom