King of the Mountains polka dot jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
WGAF-I used to ride in the Raleigh Banana yellow long sleeve when I was in my teens.

I wouldn't go out and buy for one at current prices, but that's because I am a tight arse frugal.

They have the new GB kit in Evans - haven't looked at the price, but wouldn't be surprised if it set you back £200 for full kit. Commuting in it in Manchester might be fun-wonder if I could use a rebuttal to car drivers "do you want the death of a prospective olympic medallist on your conscience". Might work. :whistle:

Couldn't give a monkeys chuff, I buy what I think looks ok and wear it.
Simples

Jonathing

Über Member
I fall on the side of not wearing winners jerseys that you've not won. I don't however see a problem in supporting a team by wearing their kit. Like people kicking a ball around wearing a Manchester Rovers shirt, it's better than sitting around eating chips in one.

One exception is that I do have a KoM jersey at my parent's house for when I visit and fancy a bike ride. My parents live in the fens, where there's not even an Endomondo categorised climb for miles around.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Walk down any English high street and you'll see some overweight tosser chomping on a Gregs cheese & onion pasty whilst wearing a replica England top. Let's be honest, this is about as offensive as the genuine article wearing it:wacko:.
Wear your polka dots with pride, you'll never look as bad as some!

redcard

Veteran
Any cyclist who sees another with a champs jersey or some iconic Merckx jersey will be watching, to see how you handle hills, deal with traffic, to see that you do the jersey some sort of justice.

Don't embarrass yourself and you can wear what you want.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
<snip>some slobby so and so passed me as i was slowly climbing a very steep hill.
<snip>
Naturally i was slightly out of breath, and fatso was out of reach
<snip>
How many sites do we see wearing various shirts of famous/successful football teams..has fat boy wearing his Man Utd shirt on Blackpool prom played for them at sometime?

I think fat people drinking Diet Coke in public look silly too.

Walk down any English high street and you'll see some overweight tosser chomping on a Gregs cheese & onion pasty whilst wearing a replica England top.

I'm seeing a strong anti-fat trend in this thread :rolleyes:
As is often the case on this forum, unfortunately.

As regards the original topic - wear what you like. I see no difference between wearing a replica jersey and a replica football shirt.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My climbing prowess is (are?) legendary among forum members in the NW of England so I am thinking of buying a polka dot jersey! Actually, I am rather better at going downhill so perhaps I should buy one and wear it inside out ...? :whistle: :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My climbing prowess is (are?) legendary among forum members in the NW of England so I am thinking of buying a polka dot jersey! Actually, I am rather better at going downhill so perhaps I should buy one and wear it inside out ...? :whistle: :thumbsup:

A red with white polka dots jersey :thumbsup:

Recycler

I pity anyone who's life is such that they give a s*** about what im wearing. .

I'm so pleased to read that!
I was begining to think that I was reading the fashion pages in Woman's Weekly. I wear lycra and I know it looks daft. Not many people know, but I also wear Hi Viz. I care not a hoot about what others may think.:hello:

Top Bottom