King of the Mountains polka dot jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
225x300px-LL-74e3ff1a_fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpe
This chap is wearing his fav shirt, and he aint bothered that he has never riden in the team (then again it looks like he may have eaten the team)

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I see no problem with team kit at all, it's just supporting your preferred team, same as any other sport. Championship and competition jerseys, whilst I would not wear them personally, again it's down to personal choice. I don't think most pro's have a problem with it, as they only count other pro's as relevant.

Wild Rover

Regular
Which opens up another question - when is a yellow jersey not a 'yellow jersey'? I have a Polaris yellow - coloured jersey. It is plain, has no sponsors panels or wording. I bought it because it was in the bargain bin at the LBS and it's great for being visible to other road users. To listen to some, it is sacrilege to wear it - yet it's not a 'yellow jersey' (i.e. race-leader's) in the true sense of the word and wasn't bought for that reason. So, back to the original question - when is a yellow jersey not a 'yellow jersey'?

zexel

Veteran
I've got that exact same jersey, not a bad bit of kit.

Although cycling past fields of rapeseed on both sides I felt like I had put on an invisibilty cloak.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest other people's issues with what I wear. I wear my Tom Simpson world champion jersey with pride and I must admit a two fingered salute to the people that have an issue with sort of thing :tongue:.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Amongst my shirts i have to admit to having a Liquigas shirt, love wearing it as in my minds eye i look like a pro , in others eyes i look like a fat boy in a team shirt hahaha .

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Which opens up another question - when is a yellow jersey not a 'yellow jersey'? I have a Polaris yellow - coloured jersey. It is plain, has no sponsors panels or wording. I bought it because it was in the bargain bin at the LBS and it's great for being visible to other road users. To listen to some, it is sacrilege to wear it - yet it's not a 'yellow jersey' (i.e. race-leader's) in the true sense of the word and wasn't bought for that reason. So, back to the original question - when is a yellow jersey not a 'yellow jersey'?
Tricky isn't it? I also have one of those jerseys, but hardly ever wear it. Of course if we can't wear yellow, then it follows we can't wear red, green or pink either. However I think that if you wear a polka dot jersey you are asking for comment on your climbing ability - maybe you've got to be either really good, or really, really bad :smile:

Dan_h

I bought my Rabobank jersey because it was 70% off in my LBS. It is a pretty good quality piece of kit and was a bargain at around £20. I am not really bothered by the fact that not everyone thinks I should wear it! I did draw the line at the matching bibshorts though...

400bhp

Guru
I bought my Rabobank jersey because it was 70% off in my LBS. It is a pretty good quality piece of kit and was a bargain at around £20. I am not really bothered by the fact that not everyone thinks I should wear it! I did draw the line at the matching bibshorts though...

Now that I like :becool:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I have Highroad jerseys which as we know in 2012 is not a team jersey, as the team no longer exists.
Do the people who feel we should not be wearing team kit consider my kit to be acceptable now?
Not that I really care, just a little curious regarding the extent of your madness views. ;)

And what about team coloured bikes, should we not be riding these?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a Bacchetta jersey because I used to have a Bacchetta Giro 26 but I have sold it. Does that mean I should not wear it? I have a Fishermans Friends jersey but unfortunately none of my friends are fishermen, does the same apply?

If you are like me you grab what is handy, sling it on and get out there. I will have to tell jannie to hide her pink breast cancer top.

Steve

Top Bottom