kit yourself out at aldi in may

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
No Unicycle xx(

Lidl had a Unicycle.

MajorMantra

valleyold boy said:
the wine is worth buying also just sampling some as i type.

Ended up doing the same this evening. I went to Aldi in the hope of getting first dibs if they put stuff out the night before, but they didn't. Grrr. So instead my friend and I bought a full Scottish breakfast and some booze. Sigh...

Matthew

lozzy73

This is my first post and today will be the first day I've ever been to Aldi. Hoping to get the waterproof.

marooncat

Am hoping to get to one this evening en route home.

Lidi is a much better location for me, a 10 min walk from the office so do-able in my lunch hour whereas Aldi is about a 30 min walk which does not leave much time for shopping allowing for the return walk :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
I decided to do a search for Aldi - none in Edinburgh. I was quite surprised as there are lots of Lidl, so I will certainly not be dropping in to see what tat they have for sale.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Just got back. The SS Tops are a good fit as are the padded shorts.

On the other hand - The Soft Shell Cycling Jacket is very tight in the arms (I bought an XL and still only managed to get it on). Chest size (quite generous) seems disproportionate to the arms - So if you are a muscular type avoid this jacket.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
gavintc said:
I decided to do a search for Aldi - none in Edinburgh. I was quite surprised as there are lots of Lidl, so I will certainly not be dropping in to see what tat they have for sale.

I`m sure there is an Aldi in Edinburgh, might be down Granton/pilton way though ? Luckily in Dunfermline area, we have 2 quite near, bought two of soft shell jackets, tight fit even in X-large but seem quite good, gloves as well tight fit, but again seem fine. Skipped shorts as my expeirence from last year was don`t bother. Will spend more money on those from somewhere else. Oh and forgot bought one of those small packed light jackets, will do for shoving in the bag for those summer showers etc.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So I am not the only one. I am wearing mine now seeing if it will stretch to fit. My hands have not yet turned blue (as I was expecting) and it is surprisingly warm (although this may be due to loss of feeling in my arms :biggrin::biggrin:)
MrGrumpy said:
bought two of soft shell jackets, tight fit even in X-large but seem quite good

The sizing choice was awful - there was a single short sleeved jersey in a size small in the whole shop (now mine). The short sleeved ones seem shorter than last year as well... And yes, the sizing is bizarre - I needed a medium in the soft shell jacket, just to make the arms long enough (they are still on the short side) and the gloves are tiny!!! Really wanted a white stuff coat, but that obviously had to be the one item that came out large, so medium was too big...

Only 1 pair of shorts in my size in and they had paint on, so I left them...

All in all, not the best trip to Aldi I ever made...

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
must be a crap Aldi, the one beside me had a good selection, however not alot of x-large :biggrin: wonder if thats due to the sizing ??

Top Bottom