kit yourself out at aldi in may

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tompy

I bought a softshell jacket (I have skinny arms). It's more of a jersey than a jacket, similar fit to my Assos Intermediate jersey.

I also got some pants but don't know if they'll fit yet.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yep thats what i thought when I saw the shorts, same last year, not very well fitting :biggrin: I think the softshell jerseys are well nice.

Joshgav

I popped in and got a softshell jersey and some shorts and socks and gloves. Most of it seems reasonable, but the gloves do seem rather small, and I got them in large!

MajorMantra

Joshgav said:
I popped in and got a softshell jersey and some shorts and socks and gloves. Most of it seems reasonable, but the gloves do seem rather small, and I got them in large!

Yup. I got my flatmate some XL gloves and even they were on the tight side. He's by no means fat or unusually big-handed.

Matthew

RabbitFood

That place is great for begginers, i have been riding for 1 month now and already done 10 miles in May but had a few things to get and ended up getting

cycle comp
shorts
tights, (are running ones but do the same job)
glasses
lock

all for under £25 so great for everyone and I have now tacken the lycra plundge and could nt wait to get home and try it on, i look like a propper cycliest now hehe

love it

Rabbit

lozzy73

Angelfishsolo said:
Just got back. The SS Tops are a good fit as are the padded shorts.

On the other hand - The Soft Shell Cycling Jacket is very tight in the arms (I bought an XL and still only managed to get it on). Chest size (quite generous) seems disproportionate to the arms - So if you are a muscular type avoid this jacket.

I agree with this for the women's too. I had to get a medium in the soft shell and the high visible waterproof and small in tops and shorts (if anything they are both a little big). The gel gloves fit like a ...lol. Got a lot of things and spent more than I intended.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The Soft Shell top reminds me of a scuba wet suit. Not quite the same material but along the same lines. Will try it out tomorrow.
lozzy73 said:
I agree with this for the women's too. I had to get a medium in the soft shell and the high visible waterproof and small in tops and shorts (if anything they are both a little big). The gel gloves fit like a ...lol. Got a lot of things and spent more than I intended.

puddleglum

For those that live in the Preston area - went into Bamber Bridge Aldi this afternoon, and they don't seemed to have sold anything at all...all stock left in all sizes (this was a couple of hours ago).

Toby_2009

Alembicbassman said:
A word of warning about the £6.99 short sleeve tops, the stitching is coming undone on mine already after 1 ride.

Decathlon's £7.95 tops are far far better.

Just got back from buying one:sad: where is the sticking coming apart? is it too tight?

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
The stitching by the elastic bottom is weak, I usually take a medium, I got a large which is just a tad big.

The computer, gloves, specs and camera bag are all ok though.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
sent the wife out for an extra pair of gloves for me, a pair for dd, socks for me and the bottle and cage. the socks and gloves are a known quantity (which is why i wanted some more), and the bottle and cage seems a real bargain too, although the mount for bikes without bottle cage brazings looks like it will only fit old steel racers, i had to use gaffa tape to get the bottle cage on my daughter's bike.

Top Bottom