kit yourself out at aldi in may

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domino

Veteran
I just went to Aldi in Bridgewater and got a quite nice jacket for 14:99. It'll do me for knocking about I tell ya. No long lycra but some shorts. I would have liked long lycra, I want to cover up my chunky tree trunk calves!

johnnyh

Veteran
popped back and picked up one of the lightweight jackets, fits in the saddle pack with the tubes, levers and multitool, so might just do a job in a shower.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
BOLLOCKS! no aldi for 20 miles or so and i want a pair of £4 glasses, driving there and back just for them makes them more expensive!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ha ha I am an evil Genius!! Just sold the idea to the mrs.. she loves a bargain shop... neglected to tell her about the cycle gear just said "did you know there was an Aldi in Hythe" and she said "oooo can we go?"

I love it when a plan comes together!

Matt

I got the glasses from the stalybridge store today. Had loads of stuff in. I might go and get some of the gloves tomorrow after reading the reviews on here.

The glasses are great, they come with three lenses. Dark, yellow and clear

Bought aldi and lidl bike stuff loads of times. Always good quality and value

johnnyh

Veteran
I passed on the glasses cause I have 2 pairs and some sunglasses, but on reflection might grab some as spare spares B)

Toby_2009

Just been out in my lycra gear and with my new bike computer, all works brilliantly, really, really really, really pleased with it all BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!B)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
just got my glasses out the box, very impressed! were a few different styles of glasses some looked really cheap bt others are great!

Also bought a jersey which is an XL and a little tight, I would like to think they have come up small rather than me being to tubby but looks great for 6.99 will be a target for me to fit into by end of summer. The wife got some chocolate digestives and a sports bra!

zacklaws

Guru
I bought a soft shell jacket, glasses, socks and a shirt. Despite being quite a tight fit (XL, I'm 46 chest) the jacket is very comfortable once you have had it on a for a few minutes and you do not notice the tightness especially in the arms. Gave it a good run out in the strong winds yesterday and it was pleasant not to have a jacket that flapped about but could feel a bit of wind coming through on my bare arms, only drawback was I could not get the Aldi jersey off which I wore underneath when I got home. It was that sweaty I could not get it free from my body and over my head due to that short zip. Eventually I cooled down and dried off and it came off, otherwise it was going to be siccors to it or just rip it off. So much for the jacket being breathable.

Very impressed with the glasses, used the slightly tinted yellow lenses, only problem I found at 30mph into a 20mph headwind, downhill, eyes started to water though with the draft.

Socks, my feet tingled like hell after 20 miles when I got my shoes off.

zacklaws

Guru
Dammed if I know, probably due to bad circulation, perhaps the padding is not that effective, but there again I may have had them on the wrong feet as I see by the packaging now, they are designed to be worn on the correct foot with a little "R" and a "L" embroidered on the socks.

Tony B

My review on the track pump, its cheap it works and hasn't blown up yet, wouldn't like to go to max psi 125 :tongue:, but for a fiver why not, one of my local LBS was trying to flog me a presta adapter for £4, Also bought some gloves and computer today, they must have really small hands in Germany as I ended up with an XL.

Domino

Veteran
I got myself a jacket for 14.99 and a shirt for 6 quid. I went to the Bridgewater Aldi and the selection was a bit limited. Lots of pumps and drills but I've got a shed full of them anyway. I wanted some gloves but they didn't have any. Grrr.

albal

Guru
i got the L underwear, gloves and glasses. was tempted on the pump but it looked fragile upon closer inspection.Happy with what i purchased.
NO computers in the store tho' dammit...

yellowhammer

Sent my parents in today (I was at work, bah). I now have the pump, computer, gloves that don't fit and some dodgy-looking pants! Like albal, I thought the pump looked pretty poor quality but it works just fine. Dunno how accurate the gauge is though, anyone got any idea?

Top Bottom