kit yourself out at aldi in may

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toby_2009

Got mine this afternoon,

shorts
S/S jersy
mini pump
socks
bottle and cage
cycle computer

All seems fantastic!

Plax

Guru
I got 2 tops and 2 pairs of gloves. I resisted the socks this time as I still have several pairs unopened. A bit disappointing that they only had one colour for the ladies though. Got a small mans top in the black and red. I did want the one with the lime green and circle patten as I thought that looked cool,but they only had the larger sizes left. I didn't like the look of the jackets so left them. I avoided the underwear and shorts as from past experience the padding is awful.

garrilla

1 x ss jersey (lime green and circle patten), 1 x track pump (for pressurising coke bottle rockets), 1 x w/p Jacket, 3 x gloves (me + 1 each for sons) = cheap shopping fro a change

BSA

They had plenty of stock in Sheffield.

I got:
Shorts
SS Top
Socks
Pants
Drinks Bottle
Frame Bag

All seem excellent value for the money. Tried them on when I got home and they fit pretty well.

BSA

Angelfishsolo said:
How and were did you wear the last two items ;)

I never mentioned wearing them :smile:

I said i tried them on (the clothes on me, the bottle and bag on the bike) and they still fit pretty well!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Fair enough ;). I have to say I have never been disappointed with anything I have bought from Aldi or Lidl even considering the price.
BSA said:
I never mentioned wearing them :smile:

I said i tried them on (the clothes on me, the bottle and bag on the bike) and they still fit pretty well!

johnnyh

Veteran
grabbed 3 pairs of gloves for spares, tried one pair out and they are just as comfy as the Endura ones which cost 5 times as much.

Tempted to go back and grab a high viz jacket for the summer though, are they any good, and are they shower proof?

garrilla

colinr said:
Any opinions/reviews on the track pumps yet? Lasted more than 24 hours?

I had a session last night blowing every bike in the house/garden and a blowup bed.

While it does not feel very rugged - it feels like it could break at any moment - and its a little tight for shraeder valves everything did inflate to the the right psi without much trouble

garrilla

Its a fiver afterall. I think if its treated kindly it will stay intact, but I don't think it could sustain much careless and aggressive use, well not the type that i'm given to when fixing that the nth punture in x days and the fffing patch has not taken...

KEEF

Veteran
colinr said:
That's not exactly a glowing report :blush:
I think I'll put the fiver towards something better.

:laugh:I've got one and you can't grumble for the money in fact I can't complain about any of Aldi's kit.Had a pair of crane tights for 3 years now and just :tongue:starting to show wear:tongue:

Top Bottom