Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you can still feel it, bearing in mind you've had this happen the last few times you've been on the bike, then I'd rest it, ice it and perhaps stretch it or use roller on your hamstrings, certainly the first two. If it doesn't clear up I'd consider a sport therapist/Physio but I'd be cautious riding on it until it doesn't react.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Its absolutely fine now, unlike last week.

Last week i couldn't walk for a day and a half with out limping

Ive lowered the saddle slightly and moved it forward slightly too

Its just really frustrating as i was starting to get some good miles going now im worried about going too far incase the mrs cant get me next time.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Im wondering wether, when up hill struggling in a low gear im putting my heal down at the bottom of the stroke abit causing my leg to straighten too much.

Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/-eyR0sVR01o

Done a quick film of me riding on the trainer

Looks ok to me?

Generally it looks OK, as you'd expect from a bike fit. The only thing I thought I noticed was that your heel lift is uneven, sometimes high, sometimes low. As you said, if under load you're flattening your foot more that might be the cause. I thought generally you're a heel up rider which will strain your calfs.

Watch this guy

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Couple of stills
20190512_203307.jpg
20190512_203059.jpg

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I do yeah, slightly

Maybe i could do with a little more bend.
Is that done bu lowering the bars or tilting the hoods up more?

Tbh im more concerned about the knee pain as its definitely either a fit problem or a technique problem

Last edited:
Top Bottom