Know any good regional/national expressions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Six of one, half a dozen of the other round here.
Yes, that's what I meant... doh!

Slioch

Guru
Top Tip: Never, but NEVER! if you are drunk, on a train, in South London, late at night in 1994, say that to the 2 Scottish women sitting opposite you, thinking it might be somehow 'witty'.

You're obviously still deeply traumatised by this. What did they do to you?

I was just getting off the train. They swore profusely at me, got off the train too, even though it wasn't at their destination, and ran after me as I sprinted away. They would have half-killed me, I'm fairly certain, had they not given up the chase.
Not the worst way in the world to die though?

Slioch

Guru
I was just getting off the train. They swore profusely at me, got off the train too, even though it wasn't at their destination, and ran after me as I sprinted away. They would have half-killed me, I'm fairly certain, had they not given up the chase.

They're pretty spunky these Scottish girls, eh Fnaar!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I was reminded, as I was making a bacon sandwich this morning, that my grandmother used to complain you were leaving 'holidays' if you didn't spread the butter evenly all over.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Down here in deepest Sussex we say " to get the knock" or be "knocky", meaning to be in a huff, take offence.
I'm not sure whether it's local but I was told it was.

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to work with a Danish fella for some years, he would often come out with things like...(not exactly, but you get the idea)..
'Hahaha, she's got breadsticks for brains' :laugh:

He'd then slap his thigh and laugh raucously at what he'd just said, he seemed cock a hoop at his put down.

:headshake:...perhaps you need to be Danish :unsure:

Top Bottom