Left hook on CS7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I go through there routinely and luckily those lights are almost always red when approaching (for me). If they are green, I will damn well make sure I am not in the CS lane if there is a vehicle anywhere near me and shaping up to turn left into Brixton (which virtually every vehicle in the left hand lane will be). I will take the left lane or even the right lane, if needed. It's one of the few stretches of road the gives me the willies though, along with the Hammersmith gyratory, Vauxhall X and E&C.

Glad she didn't get squished!

dawesome

Blimey, that made my heart beat faster!

Buddfox

Veteran
Eesh, that could have been a lot worse, credit to the cyclist for being aware of what was going on. And trying to blame it on the van (whose driving was also shocking) just doesn't wash. Just glad no-one got hurt.

BSRU

A Human Being
I hope they loose their licence for that one, absolutely no excuses, although they probably just get a letter saying "don't do it again".:sad:

400bhp

Guru
That looked very nasty! Thank god the victim wasn't hit because that would have been very nasty.

Without knowing the road it's hard to say what to do there.

+1-reckon that would have been hard to survive that one, would have been mown down by the merc van behind too.

400bhp

Guru
I hope they loose their licence for that one, absolutely no excuses, although they probably just get a letter saying "don't do it again".:sad:

Why should they LOse (one o) their licence? Everyone fecks up-the important thing is that lessons are learnt.

BSRU

A Human Being
Why should they LOse (one o) their licence? Everyone fecks up-the important thing is that lessons are learnt.
The only reason the cyclist did not end up under his wheels was because the cyclist took emergency evasive action.
The driver is either totally incompetent or has no respect for other peoples lives, either way should not be in control of a large vehicle.
Then he has the audacity to blame someone else for almost killing/seriously injuring a vulnerable road user.

400bhp

Guru
The only reason the cyclist did not end up under his wheels was because the cyclist took emergency evasive action.
The driver is either totally incompetent or has no respect for other peoples lives, either way should not be in control of a large vehicle.
Then he has the audacity to blame someone else for almost killing/seriously injuring a vulnerable road user.

People say silly things in the heat of the moment.

No-one is perfect and for those of us that are car drivers we will have all done something that, in a split second, makes us appear incompetent. In isolation (where no-one was injured) it isn't justification for losing a licence.

Indeed, some expericences of that road are on this thread-it appears that the road layout really doesn't help here.

You don't drive do you.

dawesome

Look at the clip, the lgv accelerates wildly knowing 4 cyclists and a scooter are on his nearside, the vehicle turns BEFORE indicating.

I hope they loose their licence for that one.:sad:

That driver should not be on the road, a series of recklessly stupid errors then dishonest blame-shifting.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
was anything said after the video ends?
I agree with the comments on their license. I think it should be revoked. True people make errors but the driver was fully aware of what they were trying to do. This is clear dangerous driving as the driver knew and put the cyclist at risk. He did something that easily on another day would kill the cyclist.

Top Bottom