LEL, audax newbie, navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sixpackorkeg

Regular
Whoops!! I meant Colin.....
Have a look at Frank Kinlan's Dummies Guide to the Garmin Edge 705 - that should sort you out.

You shouldn't need a backup device, but if you want one - nickg is selling his Etrex H here.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hi Frank
Darn, just saw your reply ref te etrex h. Have just bought an etrex vista for 30 quid on eBay. U reckon that'll sort me as a backup?

Etrex Vista? Plain old Vista or one with letters after it's name / ability to insert SD card ?
I'll be using a Vista HCx as my primary navigation aid apart from the routesheet. No need for any further backup.

OP
OP
S

Sixpackorkeg

Regular
Plain old vista, no card.
Just got round to trying to sort it. My son loaded the files and it shows all northbound but only s1 of the southbound. Will that mean the memory is full ?

Etrex Vista? Plain old Vista or one with letters after it's name / ability to insert SD card ?
I'll be using a Vista HCx as my primary navigation aid apart from the routesheet. No need for any further backup.

OP
OP
S

Sixpackorkeg

Regular
Hi frank
Got my ass in gear and loaded the gpx's onto my 705. Look like they're on there....LEL n1, n2 etc
Do I just select one and then click navigate ?
Never used it for navigation in my life!

frank9755

Cyclist
I think it is:
Training / Courses / LEL n1 / Do Course

However I always use TCX files as courses. If you are using GPX files it might be slightly different. I can't remember as not done it for a couple of years. I expect someone else will be along shortly who can explain that bit.

OP
OP
S

Sixpackorkeg

Regular
Thanks Frank. Will pop another post in with some new questions.

Just do what Greg says, above.
And Colin sums it up. The Garmin maps don't have much detail but they are perfectly adequate for navigating as you don't need much. Basically you are just following the pink line which will tell you which turnings to take.

Top Bottom